GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Climatronic to base model

ghollett1

Bought an used Climatronic out of an MK7. Removed old unit from an North American 2015 MK7 SE or Trendline model. Plugged it in, temp level works, heat seats work, rear defrost works, fan speed works, temp adjusts correctly, infotainment systems shows vents and shows when you change the air flow. Problem, I can not control the vents, air only blows out of the front vents, can't change to front defrost or floor vents. Would this need to be activated with an Vagcom setting or an I missing an component? On the back of the Climatronic their are three plugs, my car has A and B not not C, what does C do?

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Subbed, good work OP. I have an NA Golf SE and this would be awesome if you can get this part inexpensively and make it work.

Agorina

Passed Driver's Ed
Does that mean it now regulates your temp and can keep it to a set temp?

James
I wouldn't think so. Just swapping the unit actually doesn't work all that well. The Climatronic unit comes with sensors so that the tempurature can be regulated. The base model lacks these sensors and a few other parts that make the Auto climate control funtion. The vents will also be rendered un-adjustable. I'm not even sure Vag-com would be able to remedy the vent issue.

James75

Go Kart Champion
Agorina That was my understanding too. I don't really understand what the original poster is trying to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craigles

Passed Driver's Ed
I wouldn't think so. Just swapping the unit actually doesn't work all that well. The Climatronic unit comes with sensors so that the temperature can be regulated. The base model lacks these sensors and a few other parts that make the Auto climate control function. The vents will also be rendered un-adjustable. I'm not even sure Vag-com would be able to remedy the vent issue.

This ! Very good point. You would have to have sensors in the cabin.:rolleyes:

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I think that vents need some kind of motor to make them work as intended, in order for this to work you need the whole unit not just the front dials and display I'm not sure what the OP has but is not that easy

James75

Go Kart Champion
On my previous VW - you had a semi automatic system (Climatic) and the option of a full Climate Control System.

It was regularly discussed about upgrading the climatic system but due to the sheer volume of work it was never felt worthwhile.

I can't imagine in the Golf you can just swap the dials/controls - apologies if that's not what you mean.

James

ghollett1

Just to be clear, the Climatronic panel does everything I expected it to do with the exception of controlling the airflow when I press one of the four setting buttons located at the top of the panel in between the heat seat buttons. I'm not looking for it to regulate the temperature, I can manually set this with the panel along with all other functions including operating the heated seats, rear defrost, fan speed, LED temp setting, on/off button,Max AC/AC. What are the setting adjustments programmable with an VAGCOM unit for Climatronic? Also on the back of the unit, what plugs into port C? Thanks for your assistance

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys, does anyone know if the climatronic of golf mk7 is equal to golf mk7.5? As I want to adapt the panel I would like to know if buying a mk7 climatronic fits my mk7.5, even though I know that some function may not be compatible ... Thanks