GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Climatronic new fully tactile for golf 7

Florian

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
golf7 full very full
@IWMTom

Hi bro, nobody says otherwise, this is aliexpress but the parts are OEM and are from new Passat, so there is no harm in buying on aliexpress from origin right?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Seen this done a few weeks back on another forum.....

I think it looks good if you have done the full pro big glass sat nav & Audi digital clocks to complete the set.....

But otherwise stick to the conventional knobs for a better sense of feel when adjusting stuff when driving...

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I wish this was available without needing a half attempt to convert from manual to automatic climate control. On the other hand, I rarely adjust the air except when I first get in and then 5-10 minutes later when the car is comfortable.

Not exactly on topic but not exactly off... has anybody with factory manual climate done the non-touch AliExpress "climatronic" retrofit? If so, how does it work and what sort of coding/faults do you have?

IF the non-touch style works okay I might give this one a try 🤷🏿‍♂️.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I wish this was available without needing a half attempt to convert from manual to automatic climate control. On the other hand, I rarely adjust the air except when I first get in and then 5-10 minutes later when the car is comfortable.

Not exactly on topic but not exactly off... has anybody with factory manual climate done the non-touch AliExpress "climatronic" retrofit? If so, how does it work and what sort of coding/faults do you have?

IF the non-touch style works okay I might give this one a try 🤷🏿‍♂️.
Yes I have.. sort of..

I bought the adaptor harness and two vent temp sensors from AliExpress but I got the control unit from eBay off a breaker.

Plenty of faults get logged (missing photosensor, missing footwell temp sensor, etc.) but it pretty much works as you would expect. I find it useful for temperature regulation and find that I no longer adjust the temperature anywhere near as much as when my manual unit was in.

The faults don't have any negative impact - they only show in VCDS, nothing in the dashboard.

Why anyone would want the tacky dodgy China special from the OP I have no clue. Buttons and dials are much easier to use whilst driving.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That makes sense. So you get automatic temperature regulation based on, I assume, some calculation from the temp sensor readings. And single synced zone as there is no non-dual zone automatic climate control.

So you ordered control unit from a breaker? So you have a recirculate button, A/C and then Max A/C which I assume means full fan/full cold.

What then is then is the "clean air" button on the AliExpress units. They still have recirculate. But A/C is where Max A/C would be from factory, and clean air replaces factory A/C.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
That makes sense. So you get automatic temperature regulation based on, I assume, some calculation from the temp sensor readings. And single synced zone some there is no non-dual automatic climate control.

So you ordered control unit from a breaker? So you have a recirculate button, A/C and then Max A/C which I assume means full fan/full cold.

What then is then is the "clean air" button on the AliExpress units. They still have recirculate. But A/C is where Max A/C would be from factory, and clean air replaces factory A/C.

Yeah that's right. Temperature regulation for the whole cabin, we just ignore the zones. I adjust the driver side temperature and it adjusts the cabin temps. It uses the vent temp sensors.

Yes I have the correct buttons. Max AC does exactly what you think - full fan speed, coldest temp, AC on.

I believe (and I could be wrong because I didn't look much further into it) that the China spec cars have a second cabin filter and "Clean Air" directs it through that. It's the biggest reason I bought a panel from a breaker here in the UK; so it was correct regionally.

Florian

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
golf7 full very full
@IWMTom

Hello I do not want to upset you, but VW is currently presenting the new Tiguan, and new Arteon Break, both cars have on the presentation sheet the new tactile climatronic identical to mine, which is even crazier, on they have the same references as me on odis when I scan, and they have the same VW logo on the back with the reference all the same it's surprising, isn't it?

And I give you my word that I have no errors on this module, everything has been coded by me, I have 0 errors, I recovered my heated steering wheel as well as the heated windshield too, after I understood that you wanted at all costs not to agree with me, but if you need proof, no worries I try to help and share too. my electrical box for example is not OEM but not at all, same for my RGB mood lighting for the 4 door panels, I'm not trying to lie

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1595271783982.jpg
    FB_IMG_1595271783982.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 782

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
@IWMTom

Hello I do not want to upset you, but VW is currently presenting the new Tiguan, and new Arteon Break, both cars have on the presentation sheet the new tactile climatronic identical to mine, which is even crazier, on they have the same references as me on odis when I scan, and they have the same VW logo on the back with the reference all the same it's surprising, isn't it?

And I give you my word that I have no errors on this module, everything has been coded by me, I have 0 errors, I recovered my heated steering wheel as well as the heated windshield too, after I understood that you wanted at all costs not to agree with me, but if you need proof, no worries I try to help and share too. my electrical box for example is not OEM but not at all, same for my RGB mood lighting for the 4 door panels, I'm not trying to lie
Pal, it's not OEM. The trim from another car would not fit if it were.

It may LOOK similar to that photo, but the fact of the matter is it's just a China special.

I'm sure you'll be more than happy to provide a part number that we can cross reference in ETKA to back up your point, yes?