GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cliff's Grey Hare

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
I will. But more importantly, I need to figure out why my car diverts a quart of oil into the catch can after 15 minutes on track.
Are you running the baffled oil pan? That would probably be my next best bet at trying to eliminate that from happening.

Edit: Also, sounds super frustrating. Hope you get it sorted. Thank you for your contributions here. You are breaking new ground for a lot of us and we are all along for the ride and learning as a result. -T

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
I have an appointment for a week from tomorrow to leave the car with Griffin to diagnose my track day oil consumption problems. The diagnostics will include a leakdown test. I will ask them to reinstall the VWR plate as that device solves the smoke problem which that BL clearly does not, at least not for the way I drive. I have asked them to see if it is feasible to connect the VWR plate to the Forge catch can, which I like better than VWR's can. The only oil starvation issues I have had are related to too much oil going from the sump to the catch can or out the tailpipe, so a baffled oil pan is not called for at this time.

I'm also kind of reluctant to spend any more money than I need to on the R at this time as this experience may accelerate a contemplated purchase of a Cayman GTS...

Navi

Autocross Champion
I'm also kind of reluctant to spend any more money than I need to on the R at this time as this experience may accelerate a contemplated purchase of a Cayman GTS...

do it

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The new one with the 4l or a used one with the 2.5l?

bfury5

Autocross Champion

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
Sounds like a Lotus Evora would fit that bill

Too expensive, and Lotus' reliability is marginal at best. I've owned money pits before and I don't want another one. My 3 car short list would be the Cayman, a C7 Corvette GS, or a TTRS. The TTRS is too much like the R, just with a really sweet engine. The Corvette is physically larger than I would prefer and I don't think I'd be happy driving it. The Cayman checks all my boxes.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
A forum member on here EVILAUDI has a badass ttrs track car. Has some mods like really nice coilovers and other stuff. He said nothing can run with him on track besides gt3rs and other equivalent supercars. He knows his stuff too ive seen his videos.

I'm in the same boat as you. My list is C7 gs, ttrs or a 2021 supra. Something that doesn't require much at all. C7 would definitely be the best choice for track performance. I drove one a couple months ago and it felt like nothing else I've driven. The whole chassis felt so connected and the turn in was more than confidence inspiring.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
:eek:

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 11.54.22 AM.png