GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cleaning back seat felt

Firstgentalon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 1.8 TSI
Went to the dealership to have my tires switched. Apparently they just threw out my plastic tire bags and threw them in the back.

Does anyone have any experience in getting grease out of the back felt fabric? Is it something I should have professionally done or is there a product everyone uses? I'm notoriously bad at making things worse when I try to clean so any advice would be super helpful.

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 2.31.43 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 2.32.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 2.32.11 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 138

Firstgentalon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 1.8 TSI
Ok cool thank you. Does anyone have an interior cleaner they recommended for this material? Seems like the search was turning up mostly leather or dash cleaner.

And yeah, I could involve the dealer if need, but was hoping not to deal with them if possible.

thanks again!

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Ok cool thank you. Does anyone have an interior cleaner they recommended for this material? Seems like the search was turning up mostly leather or dash cleaner.

And yeah, I could involve the dealer if need, but was hoping not to deal with them if possible.

thanks again!
I like 303 Interior Cleaner. But have used and like Chemical Guys, Meguairs and Griots interior cleaners. Those plus a decent brush clean nearly anything.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Dish soap like Dawn mixed with warm water will cut the grease. Dab up as much as possible without scrubbing. Get it nice and saturated then use a wet vac to suck out the water and grease stain. Repeat as needed. If you need to, a soft brush to agitate the soapy water will help if it’s really in there.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Carpet extractor may work well with minimal effort....the dealer "should " be taking care of you.