What Should I Do With The Seats?

• Option 1: Just the Middle Seat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
So I need a yard or two of clark plaid for my car, but here's the rub I actually want it to match my seats. I've been poking around on ebay but none of those match the real clark plaid. (Notice how the vertical and horizontal red lines are different). Closest I've found is from relicate for $82/yard here: https://relicate.com/products/golf-mk7-style-plaid-tartan-fabric-red?variant=31281294016592

Has anyone ordered this fabric from them, or can someone point me in the direction of a fabric that properly matches the clark plaid?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
To close the loop on this i ordered a sample from relicate and it matches the interior of our cars perfectly. I did also order from THIS ebay vendor and while the fabric was close if you put it up against the clark plaid in our car it is just a little off.

Now to ask you all for your opinions. My dog damaged my rear seats with his claws so they need to re-upholstered. I figure if I'm going to be doing this I may as well change up the seats a bit. I did some really quick mock-ups on paint. Give me your opinions.

Stock:
GTI Rear Seat - Stock.png

Option 1: Replace the single torn middle panel

GTI Rear Seat - Option 1.png

Option 2: Carry it up to the armrest
GTI Rear Seat - Option 2.png

Option 3: Fill that little bolster
GTI Rear Seat - Option 3.png

Option 4: Just the bolster, leave the armrest alone
GTI Rear Seat - Option 4.png

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
1. I find carrying it up the armrest triggers me as the top line doesn't line up
2. I would do the least because I can't sew and am cheap
3. It needs to match unless cost is stupid, or go with a plain color that is in the OEM fabric to blend (aka pick up a existing color)
4. I prefer stock

Last edited:

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
There’s something about the armrest in 2 & 3 that just rubs me the wrong way. I think it’s the seatbelt making it seem asymmetrical.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Option 6

Armrest
Bolster
Bottom
Add matched seam and stitching to seat belt area to make continuous side lines from seat bottom to top of armrest

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I prefer the stock look but since you need to repair I would go with Option 4.