GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chronicles of ruining my 2019 Golf Sportwagen 6MT 4Motion

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I got impatient last night and decided to install my Golf R rep headlights. Installation was pretty easy and I didn't even have to lift the car off the ground to remove the bumper.

CDN

I'm not sure, since the Alltrack has the body cladding around the lower bumper, so it might not fit properly on the Sportwagen.

Here is a (terrible) picture of the bolt hole that doesn't line up on my car. It's underneath the bumper so it's not visible, and the mud flap still follows the bumper line nicely.

I ended up with these, C$40 to the door, = ~US$30.

Very pleased with the outcome.

Screenshot_20191215-222921.png

Attachments

• IMG_20191215_183947.jpg
    IMG_20191215_183947.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20191215_183255.jpg
    IMG_20191215_183255.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20191215_181458.jpg
    IMG_20191215_181458.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20191215_181507.jpg
    IMG_20191215_181507.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20191215_181532.jpg
    IMG_20191215_181532.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20191215_181552.jpg
    IMG_20191215_181552.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Ended up getting a set of Rallyarmor mudflaps to replace the broken Aliexpress ones. They're pricey but I've had them on my past Subarus and they've always held up great.

Also installed some Weathertech LampGard headlight film, but there's not much to see there...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ended up getting a set of Rallyarmor mudflaps to replace the broken Aliexpress ones. They're pricey but I've had them on my past Subarus and they've always held up great.

Also installed some Weathertech LampGard headlight film, but there's not much to see there...

Those mudflaps are so good they're invisible in the picture. ?

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Hello,

I'm fairly certain the cars that come standard with those spoilers also have a black finish surrounding the center brake light. I think wrapping that area in gloss black would look great on your car. Are you considering anything similar in that area?

I will have to check my brother's white R, but I think his center brake light is still white. You're right though, I wanted to wrap my entire hatch spoiler area black, but wasn't able to get the vinyl to wrap over the curve properly. :(

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Also forgot to mention, since I bought this car to go skiing, I had to swap the OEM tires to some snow tires. I got some Hankook Winter iPike RS W419s in the stock 205/55/16 size. It was the only tire available at Discount Tire, but they did great in the snow yesterday.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I'm fairly certain the cars that come standard with those spoilers also have a black finish surrounding the center brake light.

Having the seen in the flesh the R-line, GTD, R, & the very eco 1lt "Bluemotion" estates which are the only estates to have black fins from the Factory...there is NO black section around the 3rd brakelight on the hatch itself...

is just the photos & the angle of the metalwork which is in shadow...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Here's mine:

It's dirty, but it's clearly two pieces. Mine is black. I guess other cars are painted to match the body color.

That's a hatch not an estate...but even so in UK I have seen the GTI/GTD/R-line/GTI-PP/R hatch.& they don't have that....& there is no part number either..

yours is not Germany factory spec..

.is your car second hand??....maybe the previous owner or dealer did that??

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I hadn't considered the possibility that a wagon might have a different hatch than a Golf/GTI. I'm the original owner of my GTI. It's an American-spec'd car; so, different than the European cars.
Fyi, there's one wagon hatch and two different Golf hatches.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
That's a hatch not an estate...but even so in UK I have seen the GTI/GTD/R-line/GTI-PP/R hatch.& they don't have that....& there is no part number either..

yours is not Germany factory spec..

.is your car second hand??....maybe the previous owner or dealer did that??
FWIW, my 2016 CSG GTi has that same gloss black piece around the third brake light on the underside of the upper spoiler!
The estate/wagon GTD and R is indeed body colour though.

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
FWIW, my 2016 CSG GTi has that same gloss black piece around the third brake light on the underside of the upper spoiler!
The estate/wagon GTD and R is indeed body colour though.

I've seen hatch (other than basic spec) without the black..unless they were early versions...

& I can't see the part (vinyl strip) on the ETKA I can get hold of....

more confussion..mind you a black rear around the window does match the MK1 GTI....