GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CHINESE DOWNPIPE

VALPAL

Car(s)
Golf r mk7
Ive been getting some high oils temps of arond 113-115c stage 2 tune and dsg golf r mk7 2015 could high oil temps like that be due to the chinese down pipe i got installed i Live in australia

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ive been getting some high oils temps of arond 113-115c stage 2 tune and dsg golf r mk7 2015 could high oil temps like that be due to the chinese down pipe i got installed i Live in australia
113-115*c is pretty normal. The DP won't affect it unless the cat is clogged up.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
What was it before the downpipe? Is your oil filled to the max line? Air filter clean? All of the radiators clean? Do you run in Sport mode all of the time? In the middle of summer in Florida my stock R runs at least 10 degrees C cooler at the worst.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
No, unless you have a clogged cat it's unrelated. 115C is normal btw, especially with a little spirited driving or AC use.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
A downpipe is just a metal tube. Like others have said, if it's catless and fits properly, you should have no issues. Depo racing sells "cheap" downpipes and they work just fine. Long as you don't have a catted DP that's clogged, you shouldn't be having any heat issues.

You will know if your cat is clogged too. Your car will run like dog shit and the downpipe will be getting way hotter than operating temp. Bad clogs will also cause the DP / exhaust to turn red under the car.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Is it just me, or does the phrase "Chinese downpipe" sound like part of the punchline to a rude joke?
I couldn't find a recent sales number for made in China GTI's but for the 6 years starting in 2004 it was only about 15,000 units. They have a few convertible ones but bye-bye hatch.

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
Made in China might be a good thing in probably 10 years... considering almost everything is made there.

Anyway, how hot is it over there? Might be time to upgrade your radiators (3). I have an upgraded radiator and aux radiator (I don't have DSG) and I see temps around 100-110 celsius with spirited driving. Though the temps here have been around 80-90 Fahrenheit.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Made in China might be a good thing in probably 10 years... considering almost everything is made there.

Anyway, how hot is it over there? Might be time to upgrade your radiators (3). I have an upgraded radiator and aux radiator (I don't have DSG) and I see temps around 100-110 celsius with spirited driving. Though the temps here have been around 80-90 Fahrenheit.
He's not in China.