GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I did practically nothing over the 4 day weekend and it was awesome. It was a nice long break from work.

I got all my christmas shopping done and all my bills are paid. Not a bad start to December.

Spent the most I ever have on alcohol by getting my dad a $140 bottle of Jack Daniels, the Sinatra Select. Not sure JD is actually worth that, but he's been on a big jack and coke kick lately. Not that I'm going to let him use this bottle as a mixer. There's a deeper meaning to his interest in JD, so hopefully it ends up being a decent gift.
I'm sorry for your loss. My wife and I did the Jack Daniel's tour on our way back from our honeymoon in Orlando 5 years ago. The Sinatra was our favorite of the 5 we tried. The second being the single barrel. We almost bought a bottle till we saw the price tag and that we just spent a bunch of money on our honeymoon..

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm sorry for your loss. My wife and I did the Jack Daniel's tour on our way back from our honeymoon in Orlando 5 years ago. The Sinatra was our favorite of the 5 we tried. The second being the single barrel. We almost bought a bottle till we saw the price tag and that we just spent a bunch of money on our honeymoon..

Can't blame you with that price tag lol

I think when it was first introduced it was like $200+ a bottle, but I got mine for $140 and saw some going for $120. Still quite a bit and more than I ever spend, but for us it'll be worth it.

Phur

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Way to early for snow.

torga

Autocross Champion
I don't think that's a cold weather thing. It's like the decals say - its a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand:)
O||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||O
1606838350184.png
😜

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
49 this morning in Tampa :eek:
I think the cold weather is messing with the GFs jeep. Half her electronics didn't work this morning 😅

Didn't know it was gonna get that cold. I went to bed with my window cracked open a few inches, but it didn't get too bad.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I've always wanted a jeep cherokee, I just can't get my head around why they hold their value so much. Even 15 year old junkers with 200k on em they want outrageous prices for.

What other kind of car could you possibly use to show off how opsec-tacticool-outdoors-offroad-tough man-punisher-thinblueline you are while out on a Whole Foods run with your wife?

edit: I quickread Cherokee as Wrangler - I guess older Cherokees can be made legit offroad vehicles pretty well and don't have quite the stereotype associated with them. Mostly It's the offroad community that's looking for those ones.

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
What other kind of car could you possibly use to show off how opsec-tacticool-outdoors-offroad-tough man-punisher-thinblueline you are while out on a Whole Foods run with your wife?

edit: I quickread Cherokee as Wrangler - I guess older Cherokees can be made legit offroad vehicles pretty well and don't have quite the stereotype associated with them. Mostly It's the offroad community that's looking for those ones.
Yep I had a buddy 15 years ago that had a proper off road cherokee and I fell in love. We drove it through a creek and had water up to my waist, mind you this thing had a massive lift and was on 35" tires. I thought there would be no way in hell we were making it out...buddy looked at me and said "hold my beer"
I've wanted one every since

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Jeeps and Tacoma’s. I’d love an older 90’s early 2000’s Taco but damn they want 10k for one with 200k miles on it.

I think it’s an off-road tax or something. The more off road capable maybe the more people are willing to pay for that sorta thing. With the Taco is has Toyota reliability but a Jeep unless it’s the inline 6, not so much.

An often forgotten good off road vehicle are the Nissan x-terras. You could get them in a manual too.