GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
How’s that guy running sub 14sec times without a helmet? COVID must be doing a number on GLD if they’re willing to let that slide.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Pretty sure my buddy saw that guy lose control and do a full 360 on 20 while making some race video he posted recently. Said he had no idea how he didn’t smack the barrier. He conveniently left that part out of the video.

Edit: yea that’s the guy. From the ISF race video.🤣

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
So I just installed the the BEC Mk7.5 twilights on my mk7( they look Amazing btw)

I’m looking for someone in the area to help me install the harness and has access to obd11 or vcds, so I can enable the dynamic turn signals

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Where u at?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Slow in here. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and new years.

Gotta say, after installing an AMS intercooler for a guy on his mk7.5R this past weekend....that's the best fitting intercooler I've ever installed. Zero modification needed, that's a first.

20210109_112846.jpg

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Anybody know of a decent place to get camber plates and all of the rear suspension bushings installed? I'm in Rogers Park, so the closer to that, the better.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Slow in here. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and new years.

Gotta say, after installing an AMS intercooler for a guy on his mk7.5R this past weekend....that's the best fitting intercooler I've ever installed. Zero modification needed, that's a first.

View attachment 199452
What intercoolers have you needed to modify for? I've done Unitronic and CTS and both fit as good as stock.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
What lowering springs are best bang for my buck? I’d like to get a little lower to the ground and get a bit stiffer.
H&R sport springs or eibach pro are a bit stiffer than stock and don't go crazy low. You'd be well off pairing with a good strut/shock combo like koni yellow which have adjustable dampening. Lowering springs with the oem strut/shocks is not going to ride very well and will be bouncy which in turn makes the car handle poorly.

earthquake_glue

Passed Driver's Ed
H&R sport springs or eibach pro are a bit stiffer than stock and don't go crazy low. You'd be well off pairing with a good strut/shock combo like koni yellow which have adjustable dampening. Lowering springs with the oem strut/shocks is not going to ride very well and will be bouncy which in turn makes the car handle poorly.
Thanks, Jay! Let me ask this: Would a Stage 1 tune require an upgraded clutch at the same time?