GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Wolphe

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 TSi
I have 2 Neuspeed Rse05 gunmetal wheels. They each have one single spot on the outer lip that is very slightly bent. Most people probably wouldn't even notice. They both hold air perfect and they are in great condition otherwise. Maybe a shop can fix them for cheap.

$150 for the pair.

I'm in schaumburg area so local pick up in chicagoland.

Message me and I can provide pics and anything else you need. Thanks!

Those are 17x8, right?

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
Hey everyone, I'm new to the area (Westmont). I moved here a few weeks ago before I had a chance to get my clutch swapped. I no longer have easy access to a garage or tools, so I'm, begrudgingly, going to have to have a shop do it. So I'm looking for a shop looking for a reputable shop that might be willing to install my southbend. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Hey everyone, I'm new to the area (Westmont). I moved here a few weeks ago before I had a chance to get my clutch swapped. I no longer have easy access to a garage or tools, so I'm, begrudgingly, going to have to have a shop do it. So I'm looking for a shop looking for a reputable shop that might be willing to install my southbend. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

PM Jay745, he works out of Lombard. He did my clutch last summer, great guy.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Hey @GTI-MK7-Dude Send me a pm about your clutch. Could do the oil change at the same time. I don't typically just do oil changes on their own because it's not cost effective to drive to the garage just for that, but if you're having other work done I'd be happy to do that at the same time. No charge for the oil change if it's being done at the same time as something else, just bring the oil, new plug and filter of your choice.

thethickness

Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI
Any of you Dupage County/Lombard area guys drive a black MK7 GTI on BBS LMs or LM replicas? If so, I just saw you parked on my street, which was very coincidental considering my GTI is boxed in and not visible today.

rallymaniac555

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI S MT
Hey guys,

Been out of the scene for a little bit, but was wondering if anyone knows of a good shop in the Chicagoland area to replace a fuel injector. I'm having misfires on cylinder two and have already replaced spark plugs and coils, so I feel like it has to be the injector. Appreciate the help!
I've been battling a similar issue for few months this year on my '15 GTI. Swapped plugs, coils and finally an injector to no avail. Compression test was next and it revealed that the exhaust valves were not sealing. Ended up pulling the head and machine shop had to do a valve guide job.

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone in the area open to lending a lad a hand installing an exhaust? Attempted it today and couldn't get the (horrendously rusted) forward bracket bolts off. Figured I would ask here before asking a shop to do it! Picking up a new bracket from VW and have everything else ready to do the job, just can't get the old one off!

Wolphe

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 TSi
Anyone in the area open to lending a lad a hand installing an exhaust? Attempted it today and couldn't get the (horrendously rusted) forward bracket bolts off. Figured I would ask here before asking a shop to do it! Picking up a new bracket from VW and have everything else ready to do the job, just can't get the old one off!
Were you able to remove it? If not, I'd try a heat gun and some PB B'laster