GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Hey all, curbed my Englishman (back right) wheel in a parking garage with some distracted driving pulling up my spothero app. So looking for a replacement Englishman. Only need one, so if anyone is selling less than 4, please shoot me a PM.

West Chicago burbs.

Thanks,
James
I know an excellent wheel repair technician that could probably repair it. My entire club uses him, talk to Evan at Wellis Wheel in St Charles. If you reach out tell him Jay sent you.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
I know an excellent wheel repair technician that could probably repair it. My entire club uses him, talk to Evan at Wellis Wheel in St Charles. If you reach out tell him Jay sent you.

Can also vouch for these guys. They came out to where I was working at the time and fixed my OEM Austin wheel right there in the parking lot. They even gave me a couple of options for the repair. I ended up going with the cheaper option which involved them touching up the wheel with a little paint rather than re-machining the wheel. You couldn't even tell that it was damaged after they were done. The only difference was on the one spoke they touched up - it no longer had the tiny machine lines on it. 10/10.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone on here have just a resonator delete?

earthquake_glue

Passed Driver's Ed
Lost control of my MK7 in the snow the night when we got a bunch of it. Smacked into a curb so it’s getting looked at today.

No creaking or rubbing so I think tie rods are okay, but there’s a noticeable hum that can be heard over the engine RPMs. No idea what that could be.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
What kind of exhaust set ups is everyone running?

earthquake_glue

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone removing the fender liners periodically to clean debris out? Thinking about doing it annually to keep rust at bay. Had the car almost 2 years now and it may be a good idea.

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
What's the going recommendation for a valve cleaning/walnut blast? I'm happy to do it myself (as with most things) but between work and school I've got zero time right now.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Anyone removing the fender liners periodically to clean debris out? Thinking about doing it annually to keep rust at bay. Had the car almost 2 years now and it may be a good idea.
Absolutely, I'm always amazed at how much gets stuck up there. Even more so if you have a sun roof.
What's the going recommendation for a valve cleaning/walnut blast? I'm happy to do it myself (as with most things) but between work and school I've got zero time right now.
Pm me if you'd like, I could do it

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
Hey guys,

Been out of the scene for a little bit, but was wondering if anyone knows of a good shop in the Chicagoland area to replace a fuel injector. I'm having misfires on cylinder two and have already replaced spark plugs and coils, so I feel like it has to be the injector. Appreciate the help!