GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Installed an IE Intercooler for a mk7R last night. Gotta say, fitment was absolutely perfect. I've installed a few other intercoolers on various mk7s and they all kinda fit poorly or had to be slightly modified to make them fit. Will be definitely recommending IE intercoolers for mk7s going forward.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Installed an IE Intercooler for a mk7R last night. Gotta say, fitment was absolutely perfect. I've installed a few other intercoolers on various mk7s and they all kinda fit poorly or had to be slightly modified to make them fit. Will be definitely recommending IE intercoolers for mk7s going forward.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

How much for the IC install?

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Installed an apr catback for a mk7 R last night. Really well made but the fitment with the resonator and drive shaft is very tight. Sounds amazing paired with the apr downpipe he already had. Only downside is the price...yeowza.

20191113_204227.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
nice! bet it does sound amazing.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it.

So what's everyone up to?

I finally got my own car sorted out and replaced the water pump, fuel injector seals and did a carbon cleaning. Water meth kept the valves pretty clean for 85k miles.

Been working on a lot of mk6's lately. Just did camber plates and vwr subframe mounts yesterday, dropping the subframe completely isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Got a full motor swap on a cc that jumped timing next weekend, thatll be fun.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Installed an apr catback for a mk7 R last night. Really well made but the fitment with the resonator and drive shaft is very tight. Sounds amazing paired with the apr downpipe he already had. Only downside is the price...yeowza.

View attachment 159769
That's my buddy Mike's car. He got the issue sorted out. The rear bend was hitting the driveshaft due to a bad clamp from APR. GRD supplied a new clamp and things are golden now. And the downpipe is an IE unit.