GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

DAS_STIG

Banned
Anyone sign up for the MVP Autobahn II on August 5?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Got some openings next week in the evenings if any of you guys need anything installed pm me :D There's a few mk7's that I've worked on lately that are absolute monsters. So much potential on this platform. Here's a pic of another guy we're doing a project for... I wouldn't doubt if this mk5 is going to be the fastest vw in chicago after it's done. Fully built race engine with mostly IE components that we assembled from a bare block. Garrett G25-660 turbo :eek: Should have no problem getting over 600 on the dyno after the custom fueling and 5th injector for water meth.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Word of advice for anyone looking to buy a ttrs clutch kit from FCP. They include the wrong throw out bearing in their kit. The one they supply is for an mk6, the only difference is the mk7 TOB have a 3mm shim on them which makes the engagement point normal. With the MK6 TOB the engagement point is so low to the floor it doesn't fully release from the pressure plate. Installed this kit for a local (boondock) a few weeks ago and he's been battling fcp to get a refund since. They ended up making it right with him but not after some frustration.

We threw the proper TOB in last night and all is good. Just a heads up.

Mk6 TOB on the left, mk7 TOB on the right.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Jay, would you have any insights on this:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54283

And what brakes is that car running?

You could try bedding the pads in again, do 10 or so hard stops from 60-10 and get some heat in them. Otherwise, hard to diagnose without looking at it. Some pads squeek the more aggressive compound. Don't want to rule out a wheel bearing or even the caliper sticking slightly though.

Kyle has porsche boxster calipers with a sick purple paint job from our buddy over at Wellis Wheels

DAS_STIG

Banned
You could try bedding the pads in again, do 10 or so hard stops from 60-10 and get some heat in them. Otherwise, hard to diagnose without looking at it. Some pads squeek the more aggressive compound. Don't want to rule out a wheel bearing or even the caliper sticking slightly though.

Kyle has porsche boxster calipers with a sick purple paint job from our buddy over at Wellis Wheels

Yeah been meaning to try rebedding, but haven't found time. Trackday on monday might do it lol. Caliper sticking would be weird since I can be driving on highway with no noise for a good 15 min, no brakes, and then it starts up. Maybe I'll book some of your time to help figure this out if it persists after monday.

eajr

Go Kart Champion

Where exactly are you located?

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
https://www.omegamotorsport.com/copy-2-of-noflyzone-midwest

Anyone here going? Signed up for the 22nd. Just hoping my shit doesn't blow up!

I might be there with a 1500 whp gt350 (not mine). Waiting to hear about the cars availability.

I did the last 4 or 5 noflyzones with my R. Easily got 20-30 passes in at every event and never had a single issue. Kinda sad I won't have the R for this one unless I can get my new wife on board with a quick purchase.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
I've seen the vids from your past events. What kind of traps were you hitting at the end. My car is similarly modded as to your old one.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
I've seen the vids from your past events. What kind of traps were you hitting at the end. My car is similarly modded as to your old one.

132-139 across all the events. 139 was w a huge headwind and high temps so I left some speed on the table. The weather plays a really big factor. I think w cooler weather the car could have done ~145 on the final setup. It’s a fun event, if I don’t get the keys to the mustang (might be for the better since it hit 164 in the 1/4 last week) the guy who bought my is38 for his gti may come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk