GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Burlington Auto On Ogden east of LaGrange road does the bumper on my mom’s Venza once a year or so. Paint is always perfect and you cannot tell it’s not original paint even if you’re determined to do so.

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
A&L auto body in palatine. Talk to Val.

GoatPowder

Ready to race!
Thanks, I'll check them out, just waiting for the "at faults" insurance to settle with the rental company's insurance.

I'm just glad nothing metal is exposed; Illinois is bound to start salting soon

ack_attack

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone have the lower passenger mirror cover (dark gray textured piece)?

The passenger mirror caught the garage door frame this morning - don't ask!

It seems the lower cover can't be bought separately.
Caps - yep
Turn signals - yep
Lower cover - nope

So if someone installed power folding mirrors and has the stock mirrors laying around, I'll be happy to meet most anywhere around Chicagoland. Or if you know of a wrecked/parted out MK7 with the passenger mirror intact, letting me know where I can find one would be much appreciated.

TIA

DAS_STIG

Banned
Anyone have the lower passenger mirror cover (dark gray textured piece)?

The passenger mirror caught the garage door frame this morning - don't ask!

It seems the lower cover can't be bought separately.
Caps - yep
Turn signals - yep
Lower cover - nope

So if someone installed power folding mirrors and has the stock mirrors laying around, I'll be happy to meet most anywhere around Chicagoland. Or if you know of a wrecked/parted out MK7 with the passenger mirror intact, letting me know where I can find one would be much appreciated.

TIA

http://www.car-part.com/

Looks like $100-200 for the entire assembly. Not sure if any of the yards will part it out.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Yea that was me. White Gti?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yessir. Had to run out to the Plano Molding outlet. Gold looks real good on the CSG.

I'm around this area, white GTI. My better half worked in Yorkville up until a month ago, drives a black MKV with a roofrack - she has mentioned how nice your wheels look.

There's a streetracer type kid who also drives a white MK7 around here, I am not to be confused with him.

Sharpen

Passed Driver's Ed
Can someone give a recommendation for a shop in the area...Just ordered an IC...I did some searches,but that isn't as good as someone's personal experience...Thanks

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Can someone give a recommendation for a shop in the area...Just ordered an IC...I did some searches,but that isn't as good as someone's personal experience...Thanks
Hit me up if you'd like. Search my name on some of the local FB pages 'jason kay' on chicago Volkswagen organization or Windy City euros. You'll find a lot of people there recommending my work. Been helping the very community for years now.
Jay745 does work for me and he’s good!
Thanks man!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk