GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Jaber

Modero
We'll need confirmation from Rennballs Motorsports. Heard they;re getting a MK7 soon for new projectz.

McSkripps

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

I'm relatively new to the VW/modding world. Picked up a Mk7 GTI this summer and am LOVING it! Looking for people to go cruising with/learn from in person in terms of doing some of these mods. Anyone from around the northern burbs of the city?

Jaber

Modero
A lot of GTIs that are active have MK6 and some MK5.

You can join over on golfmk6.com until mk7 activity picks up. We usually have frequent meets, autox, etc.

A lot of GTIs that are active have MK6 and some MK5.

You can join over on golfmk6.com until mk7 activity picks up. We usually have frequent meets, autox, etc.

Bad advice. Most Mk VI owners are government-listed sexual predators. You're be safer hiring a hooker on Craigslist than meeting up with them.

On a serious note, I'm in Wicker Park with a Mk VII.

McSkripps

Passed Driver's Ed
Hah! Thanks for the advice @ChicagoCraig.

I'm up in Skokie and being honest, most of the time its pretty dull up here, all of the time. I'd be willing to drive down to Wicker to go for a cruise/meet sometime.

heff3rd

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'15 GTI SE
Yo! I'm in Naperville myself. New to IL since July. Totaled my MkVI GTI on my 5th day here. Replaced it with a MkVII SE. Miss the HID's, but LOVE the Fender system.
I've got VCDS if anyone needs it.

jolebole

Ready to race!
Yo! I'm in Naperville myself. New to IL since July. Totaled my MkVI GTI on my 5th day here. Replaced it with a MkVII SE. Miss the HID's, but LOVE the Fender system.
I've got VCDS if anyone needs it.
Cool. I moved from Westmont in April. We gotta meet soon then. My Mk6 got totaled month ago. Replaced it with a Mk7 Autobanh few days ago. Loving it!