GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Yeah 5 posts a week Is pretty solid in here. Maybe everyone is just out driving them Mk7s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Should be a good time

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
yeah. The mk6 days seemed like much more of a community.

:(

You end up going? Didn't stop by :(
I did go and stop by a couple times to check out the sweet ride. But you area was deserted so I figured you were checking the show man.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Went to Supercar Saturday at the Bolingbrook Promenade this morning. Saw a few Lapiz blue MK7 R's roll through and couple GTI's when I was there. Really big turnout, hadn't been to a Supercar Saturday event in a couple years either.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Another awesome weekend at the track. Went to grattan in Michigan. Goddamn this is one of the best tracks within 6 hours of Chicago. So much elevation and blind turns. On/off Camber. So much fun. Camped out with the fam and a few buddies. Hope some of you mk7 guys get into tracking some time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Sounds like a good time. Would need to complete some basic modes first so I don’t frustrate myself trying to do the track thing. If nothing else just some better tires and brake pads. Stock pads aren't to bad for the streets, but the stock tires are very limited. In the meantime I wouldn’t mind just being a spectator to learn and to enjoy the atmosphere.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Sounds like a good time. Would need to complete some basic modes first so I don’t frustrate myself trying to do the track thing. If nothing else just some better tires and brake pads. Stock pads aren't to bad for the streets, but the stock tires are very limited. In the meantime I wouldn’t mind just being a spectator to learn and to enjoy the atmosphere.

Yeah stop by some time, we can put you in the passenger seat of an instructors car to get a feel for the track.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Went to autobahn yesterday, there was a mk7 R there running in the novice group. Tried to go over and talk to them a few times but they were never by the car. Anyone on here?

Was a pretty good day all in all. The intermediate group was packed full of porsches. My lowly mk6 had quite a feast on a few of them.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Nice! Trying to wear out my stock tires as soon as possible so I can fake myself into feeling better when I replace them with a high performance set. Wish I was brave enough to ask the wife about a second set of wheels/tires - already know the answer - there's always Santa.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
2 more track days for the season, then I get to play with the press I bought :)

Nice! I’m interested in the results using the new bushings.