GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Are you guys bonded and insured? Will you replace anything you accidentally break on the cars should something break?

Not bonded and insured, that's why it's called side work and not me running a business. Also the reason the prices are cheaper, There's no way I'd be doing discounted work if I was running a shop. The folks that want that kind of security can go to a dealer or a shop and pay full price.

That said, I would absolutely replace anything that I broke due to negligence. Fortunately it hasn't happened yet but I would stand behind it if I did break something. I don't typically take on large jobs where stuff can go wrong. Clutch jobs and timing chain tensioners are about the most complex things I'll do as side jobs and even with those there is little that can go wrong if you know what you're doing and have the proper equipment.

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Just wanted to let everyone know about our upcoming Open House/Dyno Day!

If you are at all local to us, we strongly invite you to come by and check things out!

All information can be found on the Facebook event page here: CLICK ME

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
heh, I take it you've never had one of the strut mount nutserts get stripped inside the strut mount and had to cut the mount out before.

Oh no...I have, lol!!!
Happened on two different MK5's.

That's why I always put antiseize on the mount bolts when reinstalling now ;)

Not bonded and insured, that's why it's called side work and not me running a business. Also the reason the prices are cheaper, There's no way I'd be doing discounted work if I was running a shop. The folks that want that kind of security can go to a dealer or a shop and pay full price.

That said, I would absolutely replace anything that I broke due to negligence. Fortunately it hasn't happened yet but I would stand behind it if I did break something. I don't typically take on large jobs where stuff can go wrong. Clutch jobs and timing chain tensioners are about the most complex things I'll do as side jobs and even with those there is little that can go wrong if you know what you're doing and have the proper equipment.

x2 on this....I haven't broke anything on anyone's car, but if I did....I'd pay for it.
Stuff that was broke on the person's car though (like a bad endlinke or something)....I've had people understand and will replace/pay accordingly

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Spent sunday in the shop doing a timing chain tensioner for a 09 cc. Took about 4 hours total.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Went to my parents house Saturday and my mom backed into my bumper seconds after my dad reminded her to look out for my car in the driveway. Bumper cover just had the paint scratched so it should just need a respray. I plan on getting the front plate bracket holes filled at the same time.

Sunday went to a cars and coffee gathering at Calibre Coffee in Hoffman Estates. Pretty good time and 5 MK7 golf varieties were present. I think Windy City Euro's has a similar function but I've never been to that one.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Went to my parents house Saturday and my mom backed into my bumper seconds after my dad reminded her to look out for my car in the driveway. Bumper cover just had the paint scratched so it should just need a respray. I plan on getting the front plate bracket holes filled at the same time.

Sunday went to a cars and coffee gathering at Calibre Coffee in Hoffman Estates. Pretty good time and 5 MK7 golf varieties were present. I think Windy City Euro's has a similar function but I've never been to that one.

bummer about the bumper but if you were going to get the holes filled anyways...

I've never gone to the windy city euros cars and coffee sunday mornings. Seen some pics and it looks like a decent turnout. I went to their windy city dub fest thing last year and it was a pretty good time. Our car club (Deutschland Raketen) won an award for largest club lol

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
bummer about the bumper but if you were going to get the holes filled anyways...

I've never gone to the windy city euros cars and coffee sunday mornings. Seen some pics and it looks like a decent turnout. I went to their windy city dub fest thing last year and it was a pretty good time. Our car club (Deutschland Raketen) won an award for largest club lol
Are you going this year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Just wanted to let everyone know about our upcoming Open House/Dyno Day!

If you are at all local to us, we strongly invite you to come by and check things out!

All information can be found on the Facebook event page here: CLICK ME

Wow this sounds pretty sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Not much. Service advisor has been giving me the run around on why my plate bulb housing is stuck in my bumper. They initially told me it was normal so I've sent him about 5 pictures of different MK7 golfs with the plate bulb housing hanging out of the bumper. Have been emailing him for over a month so I'm probably going to message VWOA tomorrow. I just want to install my LED plate bulbs and the harness is clearly pinched somewhere in the bumper. I'd pull the bumper cover myself, but the car is 9 months old and I shouldn't have to.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone here willing to do some coding in exchange for beer? I'm located in Joliet, work in Downers Grove. Looking to do some coding for DRL's, Passenger mirror flip, and LED license plate lights.