GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicago Mod friendly Dealerships - Where do you go?

Spavel893

Car(s)
2019 GTI
Hi, so I have a 2019 GTI stage 2 with APR. I want to take it to a dealership to get that regular maintenance check done, and potentially get any recalled items replaced.

What's everyone's experience with the local dealerships and how they treat you with a modded car? Any recommendations or ones I should avoid?

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Hi, so I have a 2019 GTI stage 2 with APR. I want to take it to a dealership to get that regular maintenance check done, and potentially get any recalled items replaced.

What's everyone's experience with the local dealerships and how they treat you with a modded car? Any recommendations or ones I should avoid?
You could call the guys at Autobarn Countryside. Ronnie was the service manager last time I went, was pretty understanding about mods last I talked to him.

blue-sun

Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
I have basic mods, intake, catback and rear sway bar. at one point I had a Neuspeed Power Module and I take my car to Hawk Joliet. Hilary has been great to deal with (service advisor)

Chicago GTI

Car(s)
2017 Autobahn GTI
I haven't had any major problems with it, as I have the car regularly serviced at the place that has done most of my mods. I've found Jennings VW in Glenview pretty calm about the modding issue in terms of handling recalls. I had a small recall done there (also purchased my GTI there), & some work done to update the electronic interface as well as solving a sunroof problem (ugh). Looking forward to getting the fuel pump recall fixed this fall & not concerned about my mods to the dealer.