GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Checking in on our European members

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Belgium numbers are higher because we count more dead where other country don't take them up in there numbers. Or that is at least what they tell us in news every day, that is is hard to compair the country because if the different way of counting in some cases.
They say that in other country the xount can go up after they 'correct' this en alter the numbers after the pandemic.
We count fore example every covid infected dead as covid dead even if it was sent the real cod. And the suspected covid dead at also counted there where in other country only the confirmed covid dead at counted.
The UK is also counting all suspected covid deaths as well as confirmed ones, if someone dies of a heart attack here while they are proven to have covid, they are claiming covid as the cause of death, if covid is even mentioned on the death certificate they are adding it to the tally, the scientists here are saying that the only real way to know for sure the true toll of each country is to look at the all cause excess mortality rate once it’s all over.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Many countries like Brazil & various Middle Eastern etc are literally burying the evidence quicker than it can be counted..some of the drone shots of the mass graves....:eek:

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Many countries like Brazil & various Middle Eastern etc are literally burying the evidence quicker than it can be counted..some of the drone shots of the mass graves....:eek:

It is quite unfortunate what human life means to some people and/or cultures.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
It is quite unfortunate what human life means to some people and/or cultures.

The capitalist economy or their religion,...in the poorer nations life is soo cheap..that's why you see them hanging off trains & they have no traffic control (India & other places)..& that's why they are brainwashed into thinking there is an afterlife as their actual life is so pitiful & meaningless & cheap..

Mind you "money first" is the "religion" of the great god Mammon...

Religion & money..two of the greatest & most destructive inventions of the human race...

cb1111

Most western countries count a death as COVID-19 if COVID was a contributing factor - in short "but for COVID-19, the person would still be alive".

These become ethical issues as we saw with the outcry over the comment by a governor (IIRC) that "these people would have been dead in six months anyway".

A different example is Alzheimer's. If my dad didn't have Alzheimer's then he probably wouldn't have gotten a colon problem that required surgery and resulted in getting MRSA. Without MRSA he wouldn't have gone into rehab, gotten an infection that resulted in an amputation, that caused him not to be mobile and to get recurring infection that ultimately killed him. The same holds true for COVID-19. Nick Cordero is a prime example, sick since the beginning of April, leg amputation, severe lung damage and so forth. But for COVID-19, he wouldn't be in the hospital but he likely die from some other cause.

I'm not sure what China, Russia and Iran are using as criteria, but it certainly isn't "but for".

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
The capitalist economy or their religion,...in the poorer nations life is soo cheap..that's why you see them hanging off trains & they have no traffic control (India & other places)..& that's why they are brainwashed into thinking there is an afterlife as their actual life is so pitiful & meaningless & cheap..

Religion & money..two of the greatest & most destructive inventions of the human race...
what do you buy 93 with, art paintings? ..please

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Most western countries count a death as COVID-19 if COVID was a contributing factor - in short "but for COVID-19, the person would still be alive".

These become ethical issues as we saw with the outcry over the comment by a governor (IIRC) that "these people would have been dead in six months anyway".

A different example is Alzheimer's. If my dad didn't have Alzheimer's then he probably wouldn't have gotten a colon problem that required surgery and resulted in getting MRSA. Without MRSA he wouldn't have gone into rehab, gotten an infection that resulted in an amputation, that caused him not to be mobile and to get recurring infection that ultimately killed him. The same holds true for COVID-19. Nick Cordero is a prime example, sick since the beginning of April, leg amputation, severe lung damage and so forth. But for COVID-19, he wouldn't be in the hospital but he likely die from some other cause.

I'm not sure what China, Russia and Iran are using as criteria, but it certainly isn't "but for".

I wouldn't trust anything those three countries say anyway. China is still reporting that they have only had 83,000 C19 cases. That's obviously a lie. They covered up the existence of C19 until they couldn't so you know they had to have had case numbers in the millions.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
what do you buy 93 with, art paintings? ..please

Money doesn't actually exist...those bits paper/plastic are utterly meaningless..thats why they have the "I promise to pay the bearer..etc...

The actual cash is only worth what other countries value your countries money at ...gold is only worth what people are prepared to give for it...& it can fall in value

Its still a form of bartering, just that in bartering there are actual items usually used to "pay" for goods....money is not an item, it doesn't really exist, you can't eat it, you can't use it to wash your hair, etc.etc..

Look at when counties have wars & massive devaluation of the currency...like many South African/Middle Eastern & South American countries.....the loaf of bread used to cost say $1...now $100......why?.....the cost of producing the bread has not increased, just that other people/countries don't "value" your country or currency...so it devalues...

Why do you think in the mid 2000's when the price of copper went through the roof that many Countries stopped making all copper coins??...the coin was worth more as scrap than the face "value"..

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
So you buy 93 with gold. Got it.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
To all those who are genuinely interested in what the paper/plastic in our pockets is supposed to represent....this article is a very good read.

https://mises.org/library/how-does-money-acquire-its-value

All on thin air now... they have based it on the management practices of your countries central banks...so not even all their gold stocks can back up all the paper notes issued or in your bank accounts...its NOT there..especially since most countries are now "printing" money to cope with the current situation & that they are NOT receiving the usual amounts of taxes back in!

Basically the main currencies are not linked to gold since Nixon decoupled the dollar from gold in 1971...so we use Fiat money..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_money

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

You would be amazed what huge percentage of Americans believe in afterlife.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
You would be amazed what huge percentage of Americans believe in afterlife.

Not really..I lived over there for a few years..

What surprised me most (living over there) was the amount who think the earth is circa 5,000yrs old & flat, & that we had dinosaurs as pets....the whole "creationist" belief system....I wonder how that squares with them if they get Covid-19??...

& that the UK was just a short train ride to a place just of New York....& that was a supposed primary school teacher!!…..& London they thought was always foggy & had beggars on the streets & the water was unsafe to drink.....reading to many Dickens novels...methinks...

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Not really..I lived over there for a few years..

What surprised me most (living over there) was the amount who think the earth is circa 5,000yrs old & flat, & that we had dinosaurs as pets....the whole "creationist" belief system....I wonder how that squares with them if they get Covid-19??...

& that the UK was just a short train ride to a place just of New York....& that was a supposed primary school teacher!!…..& London they thought was always foggy & had beggars on the streets & the water was unsafe to drink.....reading to many Dickens novels...methinks...

Religion is strong in the US. I'm an atheist, I feel the contrast very well.

Wait, London is not always foggy and there are no beggars on the streets? :)