GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cheap tires for daily driving

Wade_GT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI S 6M
Just remember tires are the only thing between you and the road. If you do any kind of spirited driving, which most gti/R buyers do, at least buy a name brand tire and reference user reviews.
Here’s a good video on what to expect with no name cheapo tires:

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
What does painting the tire brand mean?
Its a cheap paint pen that is water proof ect ect, most people do white. Just a small cosmetic thing. Its either love, hate, or people dont care haha, not my setup but this is what it looks like on toyo tires

Attachments

• F1618974-D0DF-4D85-8625-9F065FCA8612.png
    F1618974-D0DF-4D85-8625-9F065FCA8612.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 105

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
What does painting the tire brand mean?
Its a cheap paint pen that is water proof ect ect, most people do white. Just a small cosmetic thing. Its either love, hate, or people dont care haha
It's an 80's look

BF Goodrich still sells a tire with them.

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tires/radial/radial-t-a.html
But.. keeping the letters white is a PITA.
I do always say I wish was a teenager in the 80’s, yes I know a weird saying but its just how i feel

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
Since there is a thread for mid-priced tires, this one is for the cheap stuff on Ebay, like Lionhart, Achilles and the newest - Mucho Macho. :D

These tires are W rated "performance" all seasons that are ridiculously cheap. They seem to have some good reviews.

The question is, are they any good for strictly street use. Does anyone here have firsthand experience with these tires?

Elon Musk trusts Lionhart to put them on security Tesla's after the stock Michelins have worn out.

I have heard good things about Milestar MS932 Sport.

Nokian has some less expensive All-season tires also.

https://simpletire.com/catalog?select=1&width=225&ratio=40&rim=18&brand=69&query=catalog
The Entyre 2.0 if you want more treadwear and a more comfy ride.

For less money, you have the Z-line A/S.

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Keep blowing your money like you already did on your car (y)

You're right, I will because I have enough to do so. I have a goal that I am building to achieve and that's why I don't cheap out on tires. Performance, handling, and most importantly SAFETY is what I look for in tires. It's pretty obvious you don't know what it takes to build and maintain a BT setup on these cars.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
You won't find one as cheap as these.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/sentury-uhp
Same performance ratings as the Michelin AS3+. I wouldn't get them but you asked for cheap.

I wouldn't say they have the same performance ratings as the Michelin AS3+

500A A (Sentury) isn't the same as 500 AA A (Michelin). The AA traction on the Michelin means it will brake better on asphalt and concrete surfaces when it's wet out.

And I would trust neither of those tires in a PA winter

Last edited:

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
You're right, I will because I have enough to do so. I have a goal that I am building to achieve and that's why I don't cheap out on tires. Performance, handling, and most importantly SAFETY is what I look for in tires. It's pretty obvious you don't know what it takes to build and maintain a BT setup on these cars.
PSA - Everyone, you must get ps4s, it's going to make your car the safest around...JerseyDrew77 from the forums said so (y)

Youre right, i have no clue with BT setup even means..Bluetooth setup? :ROFLMAO:
What i do know is how to wisely use my money and keep the car safe and reliable by keeping the car mostly stock.

Last edited:

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
everyone chill, we have bigger issues to worry about, aka coronavirus, people out of jobs, ect ect. That being said, PS4S isn't worth the money as they are only (1 point higher rating or less) on the tire rack research and review scale compared to many of the good mid pack brands.... commence fighting

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
In my experience cheap tyres are fine if it never rains where you live ..