GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

chassis & suspension tweaking - Audi A3 & TT parts using on Mk.VII Golf/GTI/R

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Strut bearings should not have any effect. FWIW a friend of mine installed the Superpro LCA's and gained basically zero negative camber. I suspect that is what's going on here. His were the 6K, I was hoping for better results from the newer 7k version.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

I have the 007K version... So you are saying they are not giving more negative camber? Wow. This is new info for me.
A friend of mine is installing the 0007K on a stock 7.5 GTI with lowering springs. Will be interesting to see the results...

Pound

Ready to race!
I have the 007K version... So you are saying they are not giving more negative camber? Wow. This is new info for me.
A friend of mine is installing the 0007K on a stock 7.5 GTI with lowering springs. Will be interesting to see the results...
Would love to see your friends before and after measurements with the 7K arms. Please post here.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Will do.....

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Guys. Some more info.
went back for the realignment.
The reason for my back suspension felt loos and being all over the place was because all bolts were loos!
Not sure how this happened nor why the car drove so good on track (this is compared with stock setup)

We ended up with using a Clubsport S measuring values from the dealer systems.
Only thing we did not touch was the camber front and rear.
Will post the datas soon.
The car now drives perfect on the streets again.
Haven't been on the track so can't give any feedbacks on that yet.

But the car is extremely pointy now and it feels very neutral.

Let me know if you need any infos, and I will try and answer.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
The tt control arms will net you I believe extra degree of camber. I think that might be the only thing worth using but even still that's pretty significant

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Has anyone since 2017 tried using TT 8S suspension parts? Results?

The min setting on my R, seems to net around -2.3 deg with TT ARMS and ball joints.. It does increase the front track of the car slightly....so with my 245/40/18 PS4s... a rub slightly in comfort mode at full compression, but Michelins run slighly wide....if I had to do it over again.... I would have gotten 235s.....

Reactions: q74

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
here's my alignment sheet with tt arms and ball joints set to minimum camber. Car also has vorshlag plates, for this alignment they were at 0 camber add and 1 degree caster add.

thus, the arms add quite a bit of camber, at their minimum. sliding out the ball joints adds around a half degree more each side.

as noted, front track increases as well,
though 20mm front spacers distort the 'track width difference' shown here

tapatalk_-764504990_384x512.jpeg

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I didnt think the caster can get that high on these cars. Are you not having rubbing issue on the front fender liner?

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
I didnt think the caster can get that high on these cars. Are you not having rubbing issue on the front fender liner?

You can by adding caster top and bottom. So Whiteline strut tops and LCA. It was rubbing a lot when running 245/40/18. But with 255/35/18 it's much better. I don't hear any new rubbing buts it's hard to tell as it's already eaten the liner.

Last edited:

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion

You can by adding caster top and bottom. So Whiteline strut tops and LCA. It was rubbing a lot when running 245/40/18. But with 255/35/18 it's much better. I don't hear any new rubbing buts it's hard to tell as it's already eaten the liner.

To counteract the tire rub with wide setups, you need to get camber plates that also have added caster adjustment. This will allow you to center the wheel back in the wheelwell. If you only do LCA, be prepared for a bad time. All that caster and not enough tires.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
To counteract the tire rub with wide setups, you need to get camber plates that also have added caster adjustment. This will allow you to center the wheel back in the wheelwell. If you only do LCA, be prepared for a bad time. All that caster and not enough tires.
Hm im not entirely sure on how the wheel is no longer centered in the wheel well with camber/caster plates. If you move the wheel forward from the control arms, how do you lose tire?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
both tire width and diameter can matter. roll control too.

I'm running low diameter and have zero worries about rub.

if you have.plates and tt lca, then plates will bring the top of the tire in and lca pushes out the bottom. I can max close to -5 (for autox) with both.

if you're already hellaflush without spacers, it might not work

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Hm im not entirely sure on how the wheel is no longer centered in the wheel well with camber/caster plates. If you move the wheel forward from the control arms, how do you lose tire?

Your tire ends up being much closer to the fender liner with just LCA alone. That means you can no longer run wide tires as the shoulders will hit the liner before full lock. The fender liner corner is curved instead of a 90 degree corner so you have less clearance turning the wheel.

You have to dial it back with top caster adjustment as that angles the strut back. Think of it as a Z. The top right corner is the top of your strut (camber/caster plate) and the lower left corner is the balljoint location for your LCA. If your balljoint gets shoved forward, the centerpoint of the diagonal portion gets shifted leftwards. By counteracting the that leftward movement and shifting your strut top rightwards, you are able to maintain the original centerpoint, while ensuring the wheel moves in a more slanted vector.

Reactions: q74