GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Chasing Cylinder 2 Misfire at WOT (Stage 1)

greggles

Go Kart Champion
Car: 2016 GTI SE PP DSG (42k miles) [Photo is of removed plugs]
Mods:

034 Intake,
034 Inlet
ECS Upgraded PCV (cause i broke the stock one putting in the inlet)
RS7 Plugs (0.24 gap)
EQT Stage 1 OTS (91 octane)
EQT DSG Tune

Datazap of issue
https://datazap.me/u/greggles/cylinder-2-misfire?log=0&data=6-12

Comments from tuners: AFR is richer then it should be (points to injector).

I run 93 octane in the car with the 91 octane tune (just to try to eliminate bad gas and to give a larger safety margin)

Chasing a Misfire on Cylinder 2 under load. (P0302, P130A) I pulled the plugs, and bore scoped cylinder 2, and its dry, with no fuel on the plugs (see photo, 1,2,3,4 is plug numbers). Moved coils around. No change. Put new spark plugs in (RS7, 0.24 gap) no change. Flashed to Stage 0 v2.01, no issues stock map.

Removed plugs were dry. Borescope showed nothing abnormal in the cylinders.

Attachments

Last edited:

greggles

Go Kart Champion
Ya I swapped the coil with a known good one I had laying about. Will see after I give it a bunch of miles to relearn before giving it the goose. (also did a battery swap). Dumping some techron in the tank as well, try to cover all the bases. Hoping it was the coil and not the injector!

cnamk7

I've been chasing the same issue with cyl 3. New plugs, 4 injectors, and swapped coils. Misfire still exists. Worse once the car warms up. Never or extremely rare when driving.

greggles

Go Kart Champion
I'll paste the full diagnostic here with the maps.

Car: 2016 GTI SE PP DSG (42k miles)
Mods:

034 Intake,
034 Inlet
ECS Upgraded PCV (cause i broke the stock one putting in the inlet)
RS7 Plugs (0.24 gap)
EQT Stage 1 OTS (91 octane)
EQT DSG Tune

Datazap of issue
https://datazap.me/u/greggles/cylinder-2-misfire?log=0&data=6-12

Comments from tuners: AFR is richer then it should be (points to injector).

I run 93 octane in the car with the 91 octane tune (just to try to eliminate bad gas and to give a larger safety margin)

Chasing a Misfire on Cylinder 2 under load. (P0302, P130A) I pulled the plugs, and bore scoped cylinder 2, and its dry, with no fuel on the plugs (see photo, 1,2,3,4 is plug numbers). Moved coils around. No change. Put new spark plugs in (RS7, 0.24 gap) no change. Flashed to Stage 0 v2.01, no issues stock map.