GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chasin' Another Boost Leak?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Have you tried reaching out to Vibrant? They maybe cheaper than that other place I recommended.

https://vibrantperformance.com/silicone-hose-and-clamps/

Thanks Drew. I appreciate it. I think they just have the off the shelf elbows reducers, etc that just won’t be a perfect fit for the way this hose is designed. They may be able to do something custom but I’m guessing that Vibrant would charge even more than the first place you recommended. At this point I’m just going to borrow a boost leak tester if I find one locally or have my shop test it.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Turns out my slight boost leak was this f'n thing......so much aggravation for a simple solution. Decided to give everything one last check before I took the car to my shop on Thursday. These DP v-band clamp bolts have backed out on me before but never enough to cause a boost leak until now. Wasn't backed out enough to be visually noticeable, but once I put the wrench to it it was apparent it was slightly loose. Logs look much better now.

https://datazap.me/u/msh/3rd-pull-after-dp-v-band-tighten?log=0&data=8-14-37-41

DP V-band.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 6.09.20 PM.png

No, I think it looks good. Was hoping for a parts list so anyone could recreate in the future since this pipe is unibtainium.

Parts list I used for the IE V1 Hot side boost hose which is no longer available......

Mishimoto Constant Tension Worm Gear Clamp, 2.24"-3.11" (MMCLAMP-CTWG-79)

HPS HTSC-250-L4-BLK Straight Coupler Hose, 4" Length, 2-1/2" ID

HPS 2.5" OD, 4" Length, 6061 Aluminum Straight Joiner with Bead Roll (ALJ-91650)

Upgr8 90 Degree Elbow Reducer Coupler Silicone Hose (2.5"to 2.75")

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Turns out my slight boost leak was this f'n thing......so much aggravation for a simple solution. Decided to give everything one last check before I took the car to my shop on Thursday. These DP v-band clamp bolts have backed out on me before but never enough to cause a boost leak until now. Wasn't backed out enough to be visually noticeable, but once I put the wrench to it it was apparent it was slightly loose. Logs look much better now.

View attachment 262249

View attachment 262248

Parts list I used for the IE V1 Hot side boost hose which is no longer available......

HPS 2.5" OD, 4" Length, 6061 Aluminum Straight Joiner with Bead Roll (ALJ-91650)

Had a similar issue, ended up replacing my turbo, and it was simply an improperly mated downpipe and old clamp. Nice job!

Reactions: MSH

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

View attachment 262249

View attachment 262248

That car must fly, looking at that log. 15 degrees of timing at 32 psi. Sex.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
That car must fly, looking at that log. 15 degrees of timing at 32 psi. Sex.
It moves out pretty good thanks, however, since I'm at 6k ft in Denver it's much slower than if I lived at sea level. Good news is all the other ICE cars are slower to! Even with the 18%-ish power hit we take at this elevation still fast enough to easily take a M3P.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

cleanmk7_5

View attachment 262249

View attachment 262248

Appreciate this parts list. I'm in the same boat with the IE V1 hoses....ended up just doing the same thing you did for now. So thanks. Also vband will cause a boost leak? What were your symptoms? Anyways, again, appreciate everything!