GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chasin' Another Boost Leak?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Self-fusing silicone tape is a thing. Worth a try. Clean the surface up really well first.
ok thx. May give it a go in the interim. I'm just scratching the surface on trying to look for a replacement hose for this thing and it's more challenging than I thought. My google skills may need more work. thx again

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
fuckin IE. Planned obsolescence lol. Well it wont work i'll go DO88 instead!
Actually lol, that may be your solution. Do88 charge pipes are 2.5 in and their intercooler is 2.75 in. Drop them a line and see if they'll sell you those?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Actually lol, that may be your solution. Do88 charge pipes are 2.5 in and their intercooler is 2.75 in. Drop them a line and see if they'll sell you those?
thx I'll see if it that will work!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
ok thx. May give it a go in the interim. I'm just scratching the surface on trying to look for a replacement hose for this thing and it's more challenging than I thought. My google skills may need more work. thx again
Try this place: https://www.siliconehose.com

I've gotten hoses from them before that worked.

Reactions: MSH

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Welp...good news is I finally got all the parts to cobble this thing together. Bad news is I think I still have a very slight leak. Seems both boost pressure and relative manifold pressure both trailing target boost psi slightly. When I didn't have leaks when I compared target and relative manifold pressure they tracked nearly identically once the turbo spooled up. Often times with the relative manifold pressure being slightly higher than target. Now it seems its trailing by ~1-1.5psi. Guess might have to do smoke/pressure test. Cliff at EQT is going to take a quick look at my log at let me know if he sees anything else. Frustrating for sure. Was hoping to give this thing one official rip at Bandimere before they close shop in mid-ish October for the winter months. All my 1/4s have been Dragy pulls on less than ideal roads. Hopefully can get it sorted soon.

https://datazap.me/u/msh/3rd-gear-pull-after-new-boost-hose?log=0&data=8-14-37-41

New Boost Hose.jpg

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Hmm, yeah that isn’t right.

Did they cobble that together or did you?

I did. I exhausted nearly every option to find a complete hose to match the IE hose, but impossible to find anything without doing something custom for a ton of $. The place Drew recommended would do it but they wanted north of $300 to fab it up. I ended up picking up the 90° reducer elbow, HPS joiner pipe, and the HPS silicone coupler with the Mishimoto constant tension worm clamps and just did it myself. You have a suggestion on how I could have done it differently/better?
Over the winter I may have the guys that did my custom GESI DP do up a custom pipe with some Vibrant HD clamps.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
No, I think it looks good. Was hoping for a parts list so anyone could recreate in the future since this pipe is unibtainium.

Copy. On the road but I’ll definitely post it up. It’s funny IE rep told me they just can’t remanufacture a replacement hose for one customer. I told them I find it very hard to believe that I’m the only customer that has needed a replacement boost hose. I know they sold a shitton of those v1 ICs
@MSH Let‘s go log some data.

Definitely. Still need alignment before I do any spirited drives. That’s on Wednesday at Black canyon. I really need to solve the boost leak to. Just too hard on the turbo to be hammering for extended canyon runs with a leak. I know it’s small but I want it fixed before I rally

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I did. I exhausted nearly every option to find a complete hose to match the IE hose, but impossible to find anything without doing something custom for a ton of $. The place Drew recommended would do it but they wanted north of $300 to fab it up. I ended up picking up the 90° reducer elbow, HPS joiner pipe, and the HPS silicone coupler with the Mishimoto constant tension worm clamps and just did it myself. You have a suggestion on how I could have done it differently/better?
Over the winter I may have the guys that did my custom GESI DP do up a custom pipe with some Vibrant HD clamps.
Have you tried reaching out to Vibrant? They maybe cheaper than that other place I recommended.

https://vibrantperformance.com/silicone-hose-and-clamps/

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Definitely. Still need alignment before I do any spirited drives. That’s on Wednesday at Black canyon. I really need to solve the boost leak to. Just too hard on the turbo to be hammering for extended canyon runs with a leak. I know it’s small but I want it fixed before I rally
Sounds great. Hope you get things dialed soon!

Reactions: MSH