GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Charge pipes thread to end all

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
Is it really an opinion when it's based off of facts?

How about this... Why don't you go waste your money on one and do a before and after dyno pull to see the results.
The post you referred me to literally starts off with the statement that everyone has their own opinions so don't take what he is saying personally. Is there somewhere else that the facts reside?

I intend to evaluate the product, but until I do I'm trying to gather information on what may have already been done and you were speaking as if there might be some data available, is there?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
In all seriousness any gains you will see could be attributed to dyno error / weather (~5-8whp)

I remember when I made the Neuspeed kit work with the Twintercooler when I was running a beta JB.... good times.

JonnyTSI

Passed Driver's Ed
I have both CTS charge pipes. Installed them at the same time as my IC. Seems like the turbo spools just a little bit quicker and is a little more responsive up top. I didn't like the restrictions in the stock piping, so it made sense to me to change them. It's easy to see that the CTS ones have fewer bends and are less restrictive than the stock piping. I wanted to make the path for the charge air as smooth as possible. The meth bung is an added bonus. I'm not saying that the stock piping is restrictive, since it can be used at Stg3 power levels, just that the aftermarket pipes are less restrictive
Hi guys..re-open this 3d for a question about IC charge pipes and R600 airbox.... Seems some pipes can have fitting problem ... Anyone who run a R600 can advise me a charge pipes? Thanks

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

JonnyTSI

Passed Driver's Ed
No those are the earlier version that dont fit the dq381, also if you are sticking with stock turbo charge pipes are a waste of money honestly, upgrade the IC for next spring instead.
I am going to Stage 2 Revo on Jan....i have already IC wagner and R600 airbox.... If u advise i can stay with OEM pipes, should be great..i save 400 euros..LoL

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
I am going to go to Stage 2 Revo on Jan....i have already IC wagner and R600 airbox.... If u advise i can stay with OEM pipes, should be great..i save 400 euros..LoL
Yes save the money, Wagner IC is great and flows about 25% more than stock IC already. Revo stage 2 should be fun just make sure you run 100ron fuel if you flash the 99ron tune, someone here in Sweden had to mix 98ron to E20 for it to log clean.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
As an installer who's wasted hours upon hours replacing charge pipes for people over the years....this is a placebo mod. It's not needed and doesnt give any benefit. That said if you're in Chicago and want charge pipes installed hit me up.

JonnyTSI

Passed Driver's Ed
As an installer who's wasted hours upon hours replacing charge pipes for people over the years....this is a placebo mod. It's not needed and doesnt give any benefit. That said if you're in Chicago and want charge pipes installed hit me up.
Thx and thx to @ChrisMk77 ... I stay with my OEM pipes.... Thx for advice!!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I have back to back logs that showed I gained usable flow (wastegate effort) from just adding a hot side 2.5” charge pipe to my existing setup that Already had the cold side pipe from when I first added the methanol kit. boost request above 5500 rpms the wastegate was at 85-89% trying to hit target vs once I did the pipe it was consistently at low 70s for the same boost request and conditions.

So while it didn’t give me any extra power from bolting them on it gave me the ability to have the tune turned up closer to 11 from when we initially figured we were tapped out on the turbo itself.