GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

charcoal cabin air filters

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Just installed my FreciousPlus Cabin Air Filter. National Fleet Parts was very quick to send it which is good considering the $8 minimum shipping charge. Initial thoughts are below.

-Build quality is not what I was expecting - the sides without backing are very weak. There were also numerous "fluff" balls coming off it. It was sealed in a plastic bag from the factory so at least you can tell it is brand new.

-Unlike the OEM filter after seating it you have to shove it in the air box quite forcefully to get the cover to fit back on. I'm not sure if this is an intentional part of the design to ensure a tight fit or if they were lazy and made it slightly too long to fit the multiple vehicles.

-The instruction manual is really nice, it contains the step by step process for Audi, Skoda, and VW applications.

-Test drive: Air flow does not seem to be restricted much if at all in comparison to the OEM filter which is great. There is an obvious "fresh scent" to the air at the moment. I'm assuming it is treated with something to make people happy after when they first try it.

-Side note: During the installation process I dusted everywhere I could reach in my car. I went over the plaid seats with a lint roller and think I pulled up enough various materials to make myself a new shirt lol

Last edited:

Pyzon

Ready to race!
Put Mahle in today as part of oil/sparks change charcoal activated. Just installed what the tune shop gave me.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Just installed my FreciousPlus Cabin Air Filter. National Fleet Parts was very quick to send it which is good considering the $8 minimum shipping charge. Initial thoughts are below.

-Build quality is not what I was expecting - the sides without backing are very weak. There were also numerous "fluff" balls coming off it. It was sealed in a plastic bag from the factory so at least you can tell it is brand new.

-Unlike the OEM filter after seating it you have to shove it in the air box quite forcefully to get the cover to fit back on. I'm not sure if this is an intentional part of the design to ensure a tight fit or if they were lazy and made it slightly too long to fit the multiple vehicles.

-The instruction manual is really nice, it contains the step by step process for Audi, Skoda, and VW applications.

-Test drive: Air flow does not seem to be restricted much if at all in comparison to the OEM filter which is great. There is an obvious "fresh cent" to the air at the moment. I'm assuming it is treated with something to make people happy after when they first try it.

-Side note: During the installation process I dusted everywhere I could reach in my car. I went over the plaid seats with a lint roller and think I pulled up enough various materials to make myself a new shirt lol
Dibs on socks out of the lint.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Bumping because I can't find the FP 26 009 anywhere reputable online now... Did they stop making it?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
My experience has been that fancy cabin air filters don't really do much.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
My experience has been that fancy cabin air filters don't really do much.
Do you have bad pollen allergies? I do and the FP helped a lot more than OEM did

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Bumping because I can't find the FP 26 009 anywhere reputable online now... Did they stop making it?
Can confirm it does seem to be sold out almost everywhere online. I found one at crossfilters.com last week but it looks like it's also sold out now.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Can confirm it does seem to be sold out almost everywhere online. I found one at crossfilters.com last week but it looks like it's also sold out now.
I ordered the Fram equivalent. We'll see how it compares

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I ordered the Fram equivalent. We'll see how it compares
Fun update: I got my "FP 26009" which was actually in fact just a CUK 26009 (the plain jane carbon filter). Sales guy tried to say that's what Mann wanted to replace it with and "it's identical" which of course it is not :rolleyes: