GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changes are coming

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
I've long preferred typing my search query into Google and adding whatever forum I'm looking on at the end. It's always been much more accurate than any forum's search function.
Very true at vortex- internal search doesnt find much

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
Very true at vortex- internal search doesnt find much
It used to be a lot better. If I recall there was some glitch when they switched from zeroforum (I think that was the old platform) and I’m not sure if it ever got fixed. I think part of the problem is also that the content on Vortex anymore isn’t as robust or useful as it used to be. The advent of social media and a new generation of VW enthusiasts has slowly migrated to social media rather than the forums. Ok, that’s my old man rant. I joined vortex in 2001.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
After having used the new site for a while now I will admit that it's much better than before.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I couldn't find this topic being covered but I just discovered something pretty cool. While looking at a post, all you see is the person's name on the replys. However, if you turn your phone sideways the person's signature is visible!

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
It used to be a lot better. If I recall there was some glitch when they switched from zeroforum (I think that was the old platform) and I’m not sure if it ever got fixed. I think part of the problem is also that the content on Vortex anymore isn’t as robust or useful as it used to be. The advent of social media and a new generation of VW enthusiasts has slowly migrated to social media rather than the forums. Ok, that’s my old man rant. I joined vortex in 2001.

Vortex definitely has gone downhill.Even their mods are a useless joke.

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
Then why do you go there?
Do you not try to exhaust all resources when researching things? Do you just up and quit visiting a community you’ve been a part of for years just because it has changed?
Just because it’s going downhill doesn’t mean there still aren’t reasons to visit.

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
I couldn't find this topic being covered but I just discovered something pretty cool. While looking at a post, all you see is the person's name on the replys. However, if you turn your phone sideways the person's signature is visible!
That’s pretty cool. I’ve never been one for signatures, I find they clog up the feed but it sounds like this mobile version found a good solution.

volks6

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Do you not try to exhaust all resources when researching things? Do you just up and quit visiting a community you’ve been a part of for years just because it has changed?
Just because it’s going downhill doesn’t mean there still aren’t reasons to visit.
I have no problems with the vortex. I can search and I find it a great resource.
I was questioning the other member that hates the site so much but I see him posting on the vortex all the time.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I think certain sections of vortex are a little better. Like the mk7 R section actually has a bit of traffic and every other post isn't an advertiser, but the mk6 gti section is dead as hell and the majority of posts are advertisers.