GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changes are coming

nype

Drag Racing Champion
The old site had a little button next to the thread topic that would take you to the first unread post in the thread, does something like that exist here?
Wondering about this as well. Or at least have the << >> “last post” buttons at the top. Catching up on old long threads means scrolling to the bottom of the first page each time. Unless I’m missing something.

Currently trying to navigate the site via Safari on iOS. Fingers crossed that Tapatalk will be re-enabled at some point.

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
My browser automatically snaps the page to the first unread post when I open the last page of the thread. There is also a button on top of the page in the thread that says "Jump to New" when you open it from the watched threads page when the text is bold indicating you have not read the latest posts

nype

Drag Racing Champion
My browser automatically snaps the page to the first unread post when I open the last page of the thread. There is also a button on top of the page in the thread that says "Jump to New" when you open it from the watched threads page when the text is bold indicating you have not read the latest posts
Thanks. But it seems as though all of these cached settings were blown away with the forum migration. So starting back into something like "what did you do to your mk7 today" thread for the first time since the migration takes some scrolling to bottom of first page.

I will try the "jump to new" but not clear on what is defined as "new"?

And I am toggling between Chrome on my laptop and Safari on my phone. Doesn't seem to be kept in sync. But I'm still getting used to it. Might just be the learning curve.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Thanks. But it seems as though all of these cached settings were blown away with the forum migration. So starting back into something like "what did you do to your mk7 today" thread for the first time since the migration takes some scrolling to bottom of first page.

I will try the "jump to new" but not clear on what is defined as "new"?

And I am toggling between Chrome on my laptop and Safari on my phone. Doesn't seem to be kept in sync. But I'm still getting used to it. Might just be the learning curve.
Gotcha. I only use it on my work laptop since I got a new phone and was too lazy to figure out what my password was to sign back into tapatalk haha

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Ahhh, now I’ve got the new multiquote figured out.

I’ll probably end up going overkill on the MPB, but we’ll see. Going from no laptop at all to spending a few G on one is a big jump so I was hoping to settle in the middle somewhere without compromising too much.

Greetings from 2014 I’m still using my iPhone 6s for EVERYTHING lol

PS for those feeling bad about post count I had over 11,000 just on mk7, and a decent amount on mk6 pre sponsor-gate

Generally with the Mac line, you pay for what you get until you go well beyond the standard config machines. The price jumps for more storage and RAM are way out of wack. You could get a refurb from Apple and save some cash. Apple refurbs are essentially remanufactured with a new battery, outer case and come with the same warranty as a new machine.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
It depends on if you've clicked on the thread before or after the forum switch. If there is a new post to a thread I have not read since the swtich, then it takes you to the first post, even if you click on the latest post out the right from the subforum. If you have read it since switch it goes to last unread post. Once you've clicked a thread you should be sent to latest unread post each time you go back in to read new posts.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
It depends on if you've clicked on the thread before or after the forum switch. If there is a new post to a thread I have not read since the swtich, then it takes you to the first post, even if you click on the latest post out the right from the subforum. If you have read it since switch it goes to last unread post. Once you've clicked a thread you should be sent to latest unread post each time you go back in to read new posts.
Gotcha. Makes sense. Thx

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
GTI Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Threads4.4KMessages169.4K
[IMG alt="imthanick_a"]https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/data/avatars/s/130/130725.jpg?1573418792[/IMG]
IS38 PSI? CLICKING ON THIS WILL TAKE ME TO HIS POST BECAUSE I'VE READ AND POSTED IN THAT THREAD
Golf R Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Threads1KMessages20.1K
H
Front Subframe Bushings (upper and lower) Install CLICKING ON THIS WILL NOT TAKE ME DIRECTLY TO HIS POST BECAUSE I'VE NEVER READ NOR POSTED IN THAT THREAD SINCE SWITCH
I confirmed this by clicking and it taking me to first post. It does not go to Hotfart's post. But if I click again from main forum it will take me to latest post, which is now
Took me right to his post.

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
Search seems to not function properly. I have searched for terms in a thread, which I know are present, and it didn't find any.

dsgvw

Ready to race!
Why does golfmk6 work in Tapatalk and not this one? Apologies is this was already covered.. I did not review the entire thread

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The more I use the new site the more that I like it. More modern looking and easy to read.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
The more I use the new site the more that I like it. More modern looking and easy to read.
Agreed. Other than finally being able to verify my account today and thus being able to post

Can jump to exactly where I left off reading.
Pictures just fit (no scrolling) and you can post much higher resolution pics.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
GTI Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Threads4.4KMessages169.4K
[IMG alt="imthanick_a"]https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/data/avatars/s/130/130725.jpg?1573418792[/IMG]
IS38 PSI? CLICKING ON THIS WILL TAKE ME TO HIS POST BECAUSE I'VE READ AND POSTED IN THAT THREAD
Golf R Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Threads1KMessages20.1K
H
Front Subframe Bushings (upper and lower) Install CLICKING ON THIS WILL NOT TAKE ME DIRECTLY TO HIS POST BECAUSE I'VE NEVER READ NOR POSTED IN THAT THREAD SINCE SWITCH
I confirmed this by clicking and it taking me to first post. It does not go to Hotfart's post. But if I click again from main forum it will take me to latest post, which is now
Took me right to his post.
Good info. Thx!