GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changes are coming

cb1111

I tried this in a thread I've never read before and the Jump to New button wasn't even there. Maybe I misunderstood its functionality - I figured it would take me to Post #1 on an unseen thread.
The "jump to new" won't be there on a thread you haven't looked at before because the first post would be the first unread one.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I gotta be honest. I don't really care what the latest posts on golfmk6 are. Seems like that sidebar could be better implemented for just this site.
I agree, the sidebar could be optimized better. On the flipside, mk7 is so active that it pretty much floods the mk6 sidebar. But if that weren't the case, I wouldn't have replied to this thread thinking it was the "changes coming" thread on mk6.
I was wondering why I've never seen any of you before.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Wait...this thread shows up on golfmk6? lol. I was wondering why you were over here.
Yep, 75% of the latest posts on the mk6 sidebar ticker are you guys. After I realized that, I figured I'd keep up with posts that apply to all of us.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Don't know. I'm listed as a newbie...

Did you always have four 1s after your name? Maybe you had a new username created like others with the 1 at the end? It's hard to tell since you had a bunch of 1s before haha.

Wait...this thread shows up on golfmk6? lol. I was wondering why you were over here.

Same is true of MKV and the others I'm sure. If you go to your Watched tab, you'll also see all of your subscribed threads regardless of forum (I actually don't mind this latter part since I can keep up with them easier). I do think the Latest Posts and Off Topic needs to be forum specific. I was really thrown for a loop when I opened the GolfMKV Off Topic and saw a ton of action and new threads even though that forum is basically dead haha.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Is there any reason you don't just build a desktop PC? You can build a very high horsepower PC for less than a grand that is way more capable than a laptop other than mobility

Mobility is priority #1.

As some of you know my career is in aviation, and side gig isn’t. Especially now being on second shift there’s no such thing as busy work so when there’s no broken aircraft on my gates/concourse it’s a perfect opportunity to whip out a laptop and get sidework billing/ordering/answering endless emails/“edit” YouTube videos

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Spend the extra cash to get a MacBook with a Retina display.... older MBA’s use a 1400x900 display that you’ll be able to notice sucks after looking at your phone.
Well biggest thing is new MB air cant get i7 processor, it really depends on what you are doing with the laptop, I would suggest anyone you get, get 16 gb ram 100%, then if you want better processor get the i7 and not i5, i would get at least 256gb internal storage since 128 could get filled fast and buy an external harddrive which is alot cheaper vs getting more internal storage, say 1 tb external harddrive is like 50$ vs buying more through mac which is ridiculously expensive. Also alot of people complain about the keyboard, they just updated the keyboard on the new MBP so if your going mac, go to the store and talk to a sales person about what you want to use the computer for, bigger screen is also nicer but you gotta pay to play, 13in is nice but 16inch is nicer but also way more expensive lol. 13inch with an extra monitor is always nice, that being said if your running a website, shipping, logistics, builds, pictures, ect, better to get one more expensive that you like and fits your needs vs something cheaper

Ahhh, now I’ve got the new multiquote figured out.

I’ll probably end up going overkill on the MPB, but we’ll see. Going from no laptop at all to spending a few G on one is a big jump so I was hoping to settle in the middle somewhere without compromising too much.

Greetings from 2014 I’m still using my iPhone 6s for EVERYTHING lol

PS for those feeling bad about post count I had over 11,000 just on mk7, and a decent amount on mk6 pre sponsor-gate