GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changes are coming

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Worst case scenario, people can use a desktop browser :D

Just kidding. Put your pitchforks away. Good luck with the migration. I always hated them because things popped up out of nooks and crannies that were hidden in crappy code.

cb1111

What-choo got against Tapatalk? It is a fine Chinese government owned company that has security issues, skims data and delivers ads...

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Is it actually an iOS problem or a Safari problem? If it is Safari just use another browser? I'm assuming you can do that on iOS now, haven't used an iphone since the 3G lol

cinderbike

Ready to race!
You will need too. iOS Users, and there are many of us, will be having issues for certain.

However, if you implement a mobile view similar to something like https://www.bladeforums.com which uses xenforo, it could be fine. I haven't had trouble in mobile view in that site.

I think there are some bad xenforo implementations, but some work fine. Are you confusing it with vBulletin? Thats what vortex uses and I find the "enhanced mobile view" to be abhorrent and unusable, and there is no way to exit it easily.

Agree if there is issues on iOS devices, I will not be much from my mobile stuff.
The enhanced mobile view is from some company that bought ~ 80% of all internet forums, I don’t think it is a XF thing...That said IPB is better on iOS.

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
Xenforo version of MKV is live on Golfmk8.com

If you have an MKV account, you can test things out there, even if you dont you can check out the mobile version and see if you like it..

TO me I kinda like the mobile version, even with just minor tweaks so far

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Sounds good for the most part but it will be a major pain in the butt if subscriptions are lost and old bookmarks become useless because of the link change.

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
Sounds good for the most part but it will be a major pain in the butt if subscriptions are lost and old bookmarks become useless because of the link change.

So far subscriptions work great

Figuring out how to make sure old links work... willl see

For now, subscribe to any thread you want to bookmark

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
So far subscriptions work great

Figuring out how to make sure old links work... willl see

For now, subscribe to any thread you want to bookmark

Please tell me you will improve the registration process at the same time. Currently bots and spam accounts can register at will and its a full time job removing them.