GOLFMKV

Changes are coming

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
Hi Everyone,

In the coming days, we are planning a big move of this forum to the Xenforo platform. We think its going to help keep the site more up to date going down the line as vBulletin simply isn't getting updated anymore the way it used to.

In the same process we will be integrating MK6 closer with the other Golf forums (MKV, MK7, MK8). What this means is that your user account will be shared between all four sites. I think that will be a major bonus

What this all means for you?
#1: Align Your E-mail Address between all the sites
If you do have accounts on the other GOLFMK sites, make sure that you align the e-mail addresses between all your accounts. All the user accounts will get merged based on your e-mail address. What this will mean is that your post-count and reputations will be based on the cumulative from all the sites, so you are going to want to maximize that!

#2: Take notes of your favorite threads / subscriptions
Its not clear if subscriptions will carry over correctly, as the URLs to threads will change. So write down the title of the thread and maybee the thread starter's name somewhere so you can trace your way back to the thread via search or google. Hopefully the integration will be smooth and this wont be a major problem, but no promises!

Current Status:
Sites merged:
GOLFMKv.com
GOLFMK8.com

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Seems they already moved MKV....? wonder what email i had there.... edit: Are you guys merging and considering the same user name? I do for sure have the same user name....

Last edited:

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Bummer about the switch to Xenforo. Xenforo is basically unusable on iOS devices. It's unbelievably slow loading, not very well laid out with no way to exit the terrible "enhanced" mobile view, etc. vBulletin may not get updated, but it's much more user friendly.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Bummer about the switch to Xenforo. Xenforo is basically unusable on iOS devices. It's unbelievably slow loading, not very well laid out with no way to exit the terrible "enhanced" mobile view, etc. vBulletin may not get updated, but it's much more user friendly.
Time to switch to Tapatalk, assuming it'll still be compatible.

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
Seems they already moved MKV....? wonder what email i had there.... edit: Are you guys merging and considering the same user name? I do for sure have the same user name....

Make sure whatever email account is on the MK8 forum is the same as the one here and you get to keep your username with everything merged when the time comes. Let me know if you have trouble with that

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing

We will probably come up with our own mobile view if the XF one is really bad, havent had a chance to play with it yet. Down the road we might make our own app, since we are not the biggest fans of tapatalk, but it is what it is...

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

If that’s the case I’m outta here.

iOS only. It’s been good fellas

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Is Tapatalk supported on this new platform?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
We will probably come up with our own mobile view if the XF one is really bad, havent had a chance to play with it yet. Down the road we might make our own app, since we are not the biggest fans of tapatalk, but it is what it is...

You will need too. iOS Users, and there are many of us, will be having issues for certain.

However, if you implement a mobile view similar to something like https://www.bladeforums.com which uses xenforo, it could be fine. I haven't had trouble in mobile view in that site.

I think there are some bad xenforo implementations, but some work fine. Are you confusing it with vBulletin? Thats what vortex uses and I find the "enhanced mobile view" to be abhorrent and unusable, and there is no way to exit it easily.

If that’s the case I’m outta here.

iOS only. It’s been good fellas

Agree if there is issues on iOS devices, I will not be much from my mobile stuff.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Time to switch to Tapatalk, assuming it'll still be compatible.