GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CF Mirror Caps

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Been looking at CF caps for awhile now. Did a search but not many results returned.

Anyone can speak on the following ? In term of quality/fitment/durability?

- UROTuning or BMPTuning they are $140
- ECS ones they are $270
- Amazon they are about $90
- Aliexpress ones from $20 to 100

Thanks!

Last edited:

Dameon

Go Kart Champion
I have some cheap Aliexpress ones. Fitment was great. CF looks great. Started peeling after two years on the driver side. It does get the most sun and the car didn’t move much last year.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Ali ones can’t be real CF for $20 though right ? Wonder if that’s the reason why they peels or it has to do with the clear gloss they put on ...

Dameon

Go Kart Champion
Mine are real. I was waxing them every other wash to help keep the clear coat solid, kinda stopped washing or waxing at the beginning of COVID and I think that’s when it flaked off. I think that all CF eventually cracks, peels or fades. But I’ve only had these mirrors so I’m only guessing on that.

Waltari

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
I bought some cheap covers on ebay for 60 bucks, albeit brushed aluminum. The material is great but the fit is horrible. Broke one tab alreay. Maybe GLI has different mirrors because these tabs are not the same as OEM. Beware of the cheap ones.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
more i looked at reviews and stuff more i think is just luck with batch you get from China.
even the 200+ ones i read ppl have fitting problems.