GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cerma engine treatment + turbo treatment - Does it actually work?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Anyone know if this stuff actually works and is actually worth it?

Have 32,000 miles on the car (nothing crazy) but figured I may try it if it works as advertised. It isn’t cheap so I’m trying to gather more information.

https://www.cermastore.com/engine-treatment-gas-and-diesel-autos.html
https://www.cermastore.com/turbo-nano-treatment.html

It absolutely works. I've used it in my 16 Veloster Turbo that I traded in for my 18 SE. Cerma says it's a one time treatment but I add it every 50,000 miles and it's like HP in a bottle. Just make sure to add it to the oil when the oil is up to temperature and drive at least 50 miles before shutting your car off. You know the videos that people post for whatever reason and I comment that the engine sounds terrible? Everyone tells me that that's how they all sound. After adding the Cerma engine treatment you'll be amazed how good the engine sounds even on a cold startup. I do not have any vested interest in Cerma. I learned about it when I had the Veloster from the Veloster forum. Their engine oil is great also but expensive. If you order from them use the promo code "xeperformance" for a 20 % discount.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
It absolutely works. I've used it in my 16 Veloster Turbo that I traded in for my 18 SE. Cerma says it's a one time treatment but I add it every 50,000 miles and it's like HP in a bottle. Just make sure to add it to the oil when the oil is up to temperature and drive at least 50 miles before shutting your car off. You know the videos that people post for whatever reason and I comment that the engine sounds terrible? Everyone tells me that that's how they all sound. After adding the Cerma engine treatment you'll be amazed how good the engine sounds even on a cold startup. I do not have any vested interest in Cerma. I learned about it when I had the Veloster from the Veloster forum. Their engine oil is great also but expensive. If you order from them use the promo code "xeperformance" for a 20 % discount.
Thanks! Appreciate the insight
Did you also use their turbo treatment product or just the engine treatment?

I’m guessing you’ve tried it on your 18 SE?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks! Appreciate the insight
Did you also use their turbo treatment product or just the engine treatment?

I’m guessing you’ve tried it on your 18 SE?

Yes I used the turbo treatment also on both the Veloster and the GTI. Don't do the turbo treatment at the same time. Do the engine treatment and then at your next oil change do the turbo treatment. I didn't notice any difference with the turbo treatment like I did with the engine treatment but because the engine treatment was so good I trust that the turbo treatment is actually helping protect the turbo. Obviously I'm sold on the efficacy of their products. I used the AC treatment on my car and my home AC and when the tech was adding it you can actually hear the difference in the sound of the compressor when the treatment is applied because the compressor immediately gets quieter.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Anybody got dyno numbers? I kid I kid.. I'd be willing to try it maybe

EDIT: I'd try the ceratec per sandman, much cheaper. Sounds very similar

Last edited:

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Sometimes things sound too good.
If a product was this good we would run it in everything. Planes, tanks and trains. Do not think we use it in all of them or even one of them.
One thing about Liqui Moly, they do not sell it as a savior.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for the feedback.

Ya some serious claims with serious price! Figured I’d ask if anyone had previous experience with this product
Their website is sketchy as can be, with similar bullshit claims that got Slick 50 in trouble with the FTC. I would not use this if someone bought it for me.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Sometimes things sound too good.
If a product was this good we would run it in everything. Planes, tanks and trains. Do not think we use it in all of them or even one of them.
One thing about Liqui Moly, they do not sell it as a savior.
I’ll check out Liquid Moly Ceratec. Thx!

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K

Navi

Autocross Champion
I ran the liquimoly ceratec in my car and when I got the oil analysis done, blackstone said it looks no different than any other oil. After that I've never purchased it again.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Their website is sketchy as can be, with similar bullshit claims that got Slick 50 in trouble with the FTC. I would not use this if someone bought it for me.

Did you see my post in this thread? Two different cars that were heavily modified with a combined mileage of 225,000 miles.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Did you see my post in this thread? Two different cars that were heavily modified with a combined mileage of 225,000 miles.
Yep I saw your post. It doesn't change my mind one bit that this is 100% snake oil and a 100% waste of money. How do I know it's snake oil you say? Well, because it's an oil additive making extreme claims that are too good to be true. It's an age-old business. If this stuff was legit, you'd see it in use and for sale all over the place. What I'd really like to see - is someone buy this, use it, and then try and get your money back. Let's see what happens. No offense, but I'm going to have to see more proof than "my engine sounded better" after using it.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
Anyone know if this stuff actually works and is actually worth it?

Have 32,000 miles on the car (nothing crazy) but figured I may try it if it works as advertised. It isn’t cheap so I’m trying to gather more information.

https://www.cermastore.com/engine-treatment-gas-and-diesel-autos.html
https://www.cermastore.com/turbo-nano-treatment.html

It seems to be similar to RVS. RVS has some tech papers on the product but the information was not comprehensive. My main concern with the product was how the smooth surface was being achieved, the advertising implies that it fills in gaps, but some of the tests seemed to point to the possibility that it wears the surfaces down. They asked if I wanted to test the product but when I asked if they had any before and after oil analysis with the product being used they did not. I didn't want to use my engine to find out so I passed.

Given that diligent basic oil changes can take a car engine hundreds of thousands of miles I'm skeptical that this type of product is worth using.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yep I saw your post. It doesn't change my mind one bit that this is 100% snake oil and a 100% waste of money. How do I know it's snake oil you say? Well, because it's an oil additive making extreme claims that are too good to be true. It's an age-old business. If this stuff was legit, you'd see it in use and for sale all over the place. What I'd really like to see - is someone buy this, use it, and then try and get your money back. Let's see what happens. No offense, but I'm going to have to see more proof than "my engine sounded better" after using it.

No offense taken. It doesn't just sound better but it also runs better. That's why I refer to it as HP in a bottle. I don't blame you for being skeptical because normally you're correct about those products. I can only tell you my experience with two heavily modified cars with lots of miles. Cerma is a small company that doesn't have the marketing budget to get well known.