GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ceramic Pro

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Depends if you want your car's shine to look like shit after 6 months, then yes, that's the order.
I never said the carnuba would last 6 months. In fact I mentioned 1-2 months a few times already. I'm not and have not ever implied carnuba would last longer. I've only implied that carnuba shines better. That's it.

Carnuba. Shines. Way. Way. Better. Period.

Let's stay on topic? Or you can just drop it. Or continue with that whole I'm not wet behind the ears bullshit

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Actually I'll stay...

Attachments

• the-office-michael-scott.gif
    the-office-michael-scott.gif
    314.6 KB · Views: 79

K-Span

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MT DBP
So I've got everything I need to coat the car myself:
  • ONR No-rinse with Big Red Sponge™
  • A whole stack of brand new microfiber towels
  • Sonax fallout cleaner
  • Clay block with lube
  • Dual-action orbital polisher
  • Lake country finishing polishing pads
  • Finishing polish
  • 30ml Gtechniq CSL and EXO
I'm gonna be out of town for a couple of weeks, but when I come back I'm gonna go to town on this bad boy. I've watched a bunch of videos (including this particularly helpful one). The only thing I don't have that might be useful is a gucci lighting setup in my garage. Just the typical overhead lights from garage door openers and a couple of overhead florescent tube lights. Think I should invest in something more elaborate? Any other tips before I ruin my car? 😂

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
i think you'll be fine with your lighting. just check from multiple angles to get a better understanding of how bad the swirls are and what combo pads + polish you need.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I never said the carnuba would last 6 months. In fact I mentioned 1-2 months a few times already. I'm not and have not ever implied carnuba would last longer. I've only implied that carnuba shines better. That's it.

Carnuba. Shines. Way. Way. Better. Period.

Let's stay on topic? Or you can just drop it. Or continue with that whole I'm not wet behind the ears bullshit
I dropped it and moved on because it's pointless with you so you can stop crying now. But I'm sure you'll reply to this with some bullshit about carnauba's shine.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I dropped it and moved on because it's pointless with you so you can stop crying now. But I'm sure you'll reply to this with some bullshit about carnauba's shine.
I don’t need to. @jimlloyd40 is the worse googler in the world. I’ve learned that. And even he was able to search it on various sites and found the truth. The second he posted that fact, i absolutely knew you couldn’t return from that.

no offense, jim.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
All you have to do is Google search carnauba wax vs ceramic coating and pretty much they all talk about CC being better but whatever. You'll like a fucking 2 year old that won't stop crying about it. Grow up and move on. No need to keep bitching about it or trying to prove your opinion is all that counts.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Carnauba has one superior benefit over ceramic you're both completely glossing over...

The raw wax looks like cheese....

1622560487866.png

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
All you have to do is Google search carnauba wax vs ceramic coating and pretty much they all talk about CC being better but whatever. You'll like a fucking 2 year old that won't stop crying about it. Grow up and move on. No need to keep bitching about it or trying to prove your opinion is all that counts.
but when the fuck did i say a coating was not better?!? wtf is up with your selective reading comprehension man. i will spell this out for you.

coatings, real ceramic coatings are superior to carnuba in every single possible metric except gloss. FFS