GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CERAMIC COATING for my car.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^ brake dust wil build up regardless of coating but the difference is how much easier it comes off as well as how much less scratching will occur in the process of detailing the wheels.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
^ brake dust wil build up regardless of coating but the difference is how much easier it comes off as well as how much less scratching will occur in the process of detailing the wheels.

Correct. Even though months ago I applied some wheel wax before mounting my summer wheels, I still got them ceramic coated which adds an additional layer of protection and makes it so much easier to clean.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Correct. Even though months ago I applied some wheel wax before mounting my summer wheels, I still got them ceramic coated which adds an additional layer of protection and makes it so much easier to clean.
Actually, I’m sure they stripped the wax, the surface has to be completely clean and free of oil, grease, etc.

If you don’t mind sharing, what was the cost ?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
My issue is turning the car in for 2 days....mines a DD, so hard to find the time to do it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Nice.... Spring time present to myself maybe

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Just to clarify, the $900 also included a wash and buffering along with cleaning the interior.
That’s about average I think. Depending on car size I charge 800-1200 for washing, decon and clay, 2 stage polishing, and coated. (Customer pays actual cost of coating, I don’t mark anything up).

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
That’s about average I think. Depending on car size I charge 800-1200 for washing, decon and clay, 2 stage polishing, and coated. (Customer pays actual cost of coating, I don’t mark anything up).

Yep, forgot to mention that they decon my car, clay barred it, along with a 2 stage polishing. Seems to be standard practice when applying a ceramic coat.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Yep, forgot to mention that they decon my car, clay barred it, along with a 2 stage polishing. Seems to be standard practice when applying a ceramic coat.
Gotta do the paint correction because if not you'll see the defects under the coating and people will bitch about that

7thVW

Passed Driver's Ed
Do they have a sterile environment? I would not do it myself, but very interested. At least for the front wheels!

If you want a mirror finish, paint correction is critical. Make sure you keep your clear coat if you DYI, I have seen the old VR6 R32s where people over polished.