GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Centre cubby light

CodeMonkey1

Hello
Has anybody installed a light into their centre cubby (behind the gearstick)? I've had a goggle and found a YouTube video of someone who has done it, but it doesn't give any info as to how. What I'm looking for is a light that is only on when the door is open, does anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Tom

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hello
Has anybody installed a light into their centre cubby (behind the gearstick)? I've had a goggle and found a YouTube video of someone who has done it, but it doesn't give any info as to how. What I'm looking for is a light that is only on when the door is open, does anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Tom

Just curious but why?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I think simplest method would be doing a tiny hole in the bottom and inserting a diode or led, controlled be a simple switch, tapped into the headlight switch for 12v power

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^that's pretty cool. sidenote or maybe related note, i really wanna figure out a way to put a red led strip jsut above the HVAC controls, under the radio to kind of add some ambiance and match the doors haha.

CodeMonkey1

Thanks sprinks that's the youtube video I was looking at, I just couldn't find the write up. A bit more complex that I thought it would be but that's perfect, more tinkering time