GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cayenne/Q7 rear calipers on the front?

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
I'm definitely doing this, what was exact ask/specs you used while having the lines made? (want to duplicate entire set-up) Thanks for sharing this, looks awesome! big fan of the Porsche logo being left on, throw back to my MK3 days

I asked for base model Macan fittings on the caliper end of the line, and Golf mk7 Golf R on the hard line side.

I don't have the technical specs for the fittings required. B8 A4/S4, base Macan, 3.0T Q5 all use the same fitting on the caliper end per ECS's site. Most VAG cars share the same fitting on the hardline side.

If your source of SS lines says they can't make Macan lines, try the other models above and see if you get more results. They just might not realize they're the same. Length should be 24" per carbonfold's friend's and my experience.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Has anyone been able to get a hold of Hel? I’ve sent emails and left voicemails to no response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Does anyone know the serial numbers for the Q5 callipers?
I've got:
LEFT: 8R0615107A or 8R0615107E
RIGHT: 8R0615108A or 8R0615108E
But I've read on here slightly different one I believe

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Install done! Super easy, everything just bolted on. No need to even cut the brake shield.

Obviously clears really easy on the 18" RSe10, but I'm surprised how easy it clears my relatively flat faced winter wheels. Just need a 5mm spacer to clear the face of the caliper, and lots of room in the barrel

Edit: How do you make the pictures smaller :(

Did the Macan callipers come complete with pins etc or did you have to order them separately?

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Hi jus wanna check so I jus need to get stock macan brake lines and that will fit on to our golf r with no issues?
They will but you won't have the ability to 'clip' the centre of the line into its little holder.
The lines will also be rubber which won't be the best or make the most of the new callipers.
Try HEL who make custom lines. Just request Golf R lines with Macan fittings at the calliper end.
https://auto.helperformance.com/custom-brake-hose

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
E0C02E01-7887-4E96-913C-BD9198FA3314.jpeg

This came in from techna fit. $50 plus shipping.