GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catted Downpipe Recommendations

Qwibby

Ready to race!
I've read both exhaust threads and still have some questions.

I want to go with a catted dp to help with sound and retain emissions readiness.

Does anyone have any input on a catted downpipe?

Qwibby

Ready to race!
My plan would be to use like the Eurojet Catted DP and Stage 1 ECU/TCU tune.

I cannot go too crazy because the wife also drives it, so sound and power I have to keep in mind. BUT I'd like to be able to get the most out of the stage 1 tunes

Qwibby

Ready to race!

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Not going pass emissions with a cheaper downpipe, honestly I'd just plan on swapping on the stock DP to pass.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion

I cannot go too crazy because the wife also drives it, so sound and power I have to keep in mind. BUT I'd like to be able to get the most out of the stage 1 tunes

Keep your stock downpipe and do an OEM muffler delete for sound, Stage 1 tunes do not get faster with a downpipe and its honestly pointless to run Stage 1 with a downpipe.

Qwibby

Ready to race!
I know in PA I can have 1 readiness monitor not go ready, but I am thinking with a 200 cel cat and 02 spacer I shouldn't have any issues.

Qwibby

Ready to race!
Keep your stock downpipe and do an OEM muffler delete for sound, Stage 1 tunes do not get faster with a downpipe and its honestly pointless to run Stage 1 with a downpipe.

Well see, I wanted to do the AWE touring catback. Maybe I'll just go crazy and do the whole exhaust from CTS with their catted DP. So many downpipes and not all of them are on one site.

Qwibby

Ready to race!
I am just trying to be conscious of sound, and power. I do not want her to get into something she cannot handle. It's a fine line, if it was just me, I would go catless and do a CBE that ran a resonator and muffler

RaysMK7GTI

Ready to race!

There's not to many that offer a CEL free...that's why I asked but if you don't care about that and inspection you can go with any

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
APR, Unitronic, and 42 Draft Design downpipes have near OEM fit.

Don't know about VWR, AWE, Neuspeed, or Bull-X but I've never heard anything negative.

Circuit Werks is a good downpipe but it takes some adjustment, REVO took alot of adjustment but did end up fitting somewhat ok.

I'm on my 3rd downpipe, I have the APR one sitting in my living room and out of the 3 I've owned this one is by far the most impressive (and most expensive).

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Ultimate Racing with the metal Cat option. Pretty cheap and its good quality from what I hear. Their test car has been 10,000KM's CEL free no stage 2 tune. I think another forum member was CEL free also.