GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cats removal

Nightbluegti

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone...i was thinking about removing the cat or resonator on my mk7 gti...ive been reading that the cel will turn on..even i still have the sensor connected to the pipe im installing instead...and whats is the downpipe size for these new tsi engines i understand they r a bit different from previous generations..im a previous audi tt owner which had the tfsi engine i removed the cats from it and connected the sensor to the pipe instead..?sorry for the many questions but id appreciate some answers or thoughts

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
The stock piping (as mentioned in the BSC power valve exhaust thread is 65mm) which is ~2.5"

Why don't you buy a cat-less downpipe instead?

I ran a cat-less downpipe on my mk5 without having a CEL

I'm placing an order today for a bull-x cat-less downpipe from HG-Motorsport. They advised i buy a lambda spacer (i don't know what exactly that is) to avoid having a CEL

Oh and I don't advise on removing the resonator, also did that for a while on the mk5 but then i felt the drone was too much and put it back in

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yes most aftermarket exhausts are 76mm (~3 inch)

BCS Nige

Passed Driver's Ed
We offer an off the shelf solution with 304 s/s cnc machined flange and adapter pipe to fit to OEM which will mean that you will not have to destroy your original cat down pipe...
Cheers
Nige
BCS Automotive Limited
www.powervalve.co.uk

gregv

I just ordered one of these today. Nigel was "fantastic" on the phone. Best and most pleasant customer service I've gotten in years, they know their stuff and obviously LOVE what they do. No better sign of a quality product for me.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
The stock piping (as mentioned in the BSC power valve exhaust thread is 65mm) which is ~2.5"

Why don't you buy a cat-less downpipe instead?

I ran a cat-less downpipe on my mk5 without having a CEL

I'm placing an order today for a bull-x cat-less downpipe from HG-Motorsport. They advised i buy a lambda spacer (i don't know what exactly that is) to avoid having a CEL

Oh and I don't advise on removing the resonator, also did that for a while on the mk5 but then i felt the drone was too much and put it back in

That will almost definitely throw a CEL on the mk5 unless tuned or running 02 spacers. Pretty much any newer car that you remove the cats will throw a CEL unless you're tuned or have modified 02 sensors.

DRS1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone...i was thinking about removing the cat or resonator on my mk7 gti...ive been reading that the cel will turn on..even i still have the sensor connected to the pipe im installing instead...and whats is the downpipe size for these new tsi engines i understand they r a bit different from previous generations..im a previous audi tt owner which had the tfsi engine i removed the cats from it and connected the sensor to the pipe instead..?sorry for the many questions but id appreciate some answers or thoughts

the resonator delete drones alot, dont do it:mad: sounds flat on the inside
you can go catless just put a cat fooler for the lambda and keep the resonator on