GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catch Can Filling Up Too Fast When Tracking

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
True that. Quebster was gonna do that until shit hit the fan on his car. Shouldn't much to tapping a metal pan. I guess there wouldnt be a point of running a catch can anymore

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I blew out maybe 1/2 to 1 qt of oil after 9 autocross runs. The next day the oil is at the bottom of the dipstick. After 8 runs, I don't loose any oil through the catch can.

Probably a design flaw/limitation with the top of the valve cover. I had similar issues with the S2000 valve cover design.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
To keep the blowby out of your intercooler and off your valves

So run a drain directly back to the oil pan when racing but return it to just a catch can the rest of the time?

I would like to see a response directly from Spulen about the problem when racing other than in a drag race. Is this a problem when racing with any other brands of cars? I haven't heard of it but then I don't read other forums.

Navi

Autocross Champion
So run a drain directly back to the oil pan when racing but return it to just a catch can the rest of the time?

I would like to see a response directly from Spulen about the problem when racing other than in a drag race. Is this a problem when racing with any other brands of cars? I haven't heard of it but then I don't read other forums.

it's an air oil separator. A lot of cars run them such as STI and GTR. It's basically an oil catch can that doesn't require draining. It is a much better design but I'm not sure how the plumbing would work on a GTI, as the aftermarket support sucks.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
it's an air oil separator. A lot of cars run them such as STI and GTR. It's basically an oil catch can that doesn't require draining. It is a much better design but I'm not sure how the plumbing would work on a GTI, as the aftermarket support sucks.

So how does that trap blowby?

Navi

Autocross Champion