GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CAT-BACK EXHAUST

AlainG81

Car(s)
2017 Golf Sportwagen
Has anyone installed a 3 inch dual exhaust meant for a mk7 GTI onto a mk7 SportWagen? It’s a 2017 fwd version. I currently have a 3 inch catted downpipe from Unitronics. Thanks

Scanner

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI 1.8
The MK7 GTI has a 2.5 inch (not 3) vs a 2.25 inch of the TSI models. I have a 4-door hatch TSI 1.8 IS20 with a Unitronic catted downpipe. Our downpipe kit comes with a 3 to 2.25 reducer. I had no issues with the GTI catback installation using a 3 to 2.5 reducer also from Unitronic and a new valance for the dual exhaust. But I'm not sure about the fitment on the SportWagen.

AlainG81

Car(s)
2017 Golf Sportwagen
The MK7 GTI has a 2.5 inch (not 3) vs a 2.25 inch of the TSI models. I have a 4-door hatch TSI 1.8 IS20 with a Unitronic catted downpipe. Our downpipe kit comes with a 3 to 2.25 reducer. I had no issues with the GTI catback installation using a 3 to 2.5 reducer also from Unitronic and a new valance for the dual exhaust. But I'm not sure about the fitment on the SportWagen.
Yeah I am running IS20 with Stage 2 Unitronics. On Unitronics website they have the GTI exhaust listed at 3 inches. To your point... Not sure if the length will work being that the GSW is longer. Thanks

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
I’m sure he meant an aftermarket GTI 3”, not implying it’s 3” from the factory.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
You can't because of the length. If you are going to be looking at aftermarket anyway, just get one for a sportwagen.