Attachments

• Carpar2.png
    Carpar2.png
    11.5 MB · Views: 850
Last edited:

meech

Car(s)
'17 GTI
NA OEM MK7.5 Tail Lights w/ ZERO815 Harness (back)
old_tails.jpg

new_tails.jpg

I love the new look that these tail lights give the gti! Before this install it really lacked the premium look I was looking for. Great pick-up!

Last edited:

meech

Car(s)
'17 GTI
ECS Flush Kit, Gloss Black VW Badges, Klii Rear Badge Insert, OEM Audi LED License Plate Housings (Cosmetic Mods) (back)
cosmetics.jpg

With the addition of these cosmetic mods my gti has a new demeanor. Must have mods in my opinion to change the look of your stock gti. And they are really easy and cheap! Oh, and i'd recommend buying ebay gloss black badges. Save your money! PM me if you want a link to the ones I bought.

Last edited:

meech

Car(s)
'17 GTI
Ebay Drop in Air Filter (back)
IMG_4694.JPG

I'm coming up on 60,000 miles and the stock air filter had to be changed. I decided to go with an ebay one because I wanted max induction/turbo sound and I figured the cheapest one should get me that. Engine noise is noticeably different both inside and outside the cabin. Plus, as you can tell from this thread, I am a cheapskate! PM me if you want a link to the one I bought.

Last edited:

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Is that a 13hp predator on osha? If so what drive line are you using. I have that motor on my son's go kart and I have smoked every torque converter and chain drive centrifugal clutch I have thrown at it. When it does run it hauls me and my son (almost 400 lbs total) at 30 mph no problem.

meech

Car(s)
'17 GTI
Is that a 13hp predator on osha? If so what drive line are you using. I have that motor on my son's go kart and I have smoked every torque converter and chain drive centrifugal clutch I have thrown at it. When it does run it hauls me and my son (almost 400 lbs total) at 30 mph no problem.
IMG_4865.JPG

It's got the 6.5hp (212cc) predator engine with a torque converter. It tops out around 30mph but its still a blast. Now that Osha is wirelessly controlled with an r/c controller it's a little sketchier but still fun! ps. ignore the rust... she hasn't ran in a while

meech

Car(s)
'17 GTI
Osha General Information (back)
osha_origins.jpg

Osha started off as an ordinary go kart. I mounted a new 6.5hp predator engine and custom made torque converter onto her and ripped the thing around all summer and had a blast. One day I was talking with my friends and we proposed the idea of making it a multipurpose vehicle. We still wanted to be able to tear up roads but we also wanted it to function like a rover that we could remotely control. And so was born Osha 1.5.
Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 12.21.07 PM.png

Here are all the parts used in the build. This picture was taken mid summer before I finished my modifications. Right now I have Osha fully stripped and ready for a new coating of paint! More pictures to come soon!

Last edited:

meech

Car(s)
'17 GTI
JB1 (back)
View attachment CasparJB1.jpg
This JB1 is the best bang for your buck mod! I'd strongly recommend going with a used JB1 over a neuspeed power module or any other competitors due to the fact that you can get burger motorsports platform which dominates the piggyback tune game for the exact same price. Used these sell for almost nothing!

Last edited:

meech

Car(s)
'17 GTI
Update April 1st.
CasparXChicago.jpg

Figured i'd update this thread since its gone dormant for a few months. I am a college student who prior to now was commuting to college in Chicago. Shortly before COVID-19 I signed a lease for an apartment downtown with a couple friends. Given recent events Caspars mods have been put on hold. Hopefully once this virus has run its course i'll be able to continue purchasing mods and get this thread back on track!

meech

Car(s)
'17 GTI
Update April 26th.

I found a couple pics that didn't make the cut for a post but since I have no content why not post them...

Also, i've upgraded from my shitty iphone 6s so better quality pics from here on out!

Attachments

• CasparXHome.jpg
    CasparXHome.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 150
  • CasparXStrip.jpg
    CasparXStrip.jpg
    713.8 KB · Views: 154
  • CasparXSchool1.jpg
    CasparXSchool1.jpg
    790.5 KB · Views: 157
  • CasparXSchool2.jpg
    CasparXSchool2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 158
  • CasparXTrain.jpg
    CasparXTrain.jpg
    854.7 KB · Views: 157

meech

Car(s)
'17 GTI
Osha Restoration (back)
OshaStripped2.jpg

One year later and I finally finished sanding and painting her. Wish I had pictures of it rusted over... sanding the paint off the frame was without a doubt the hardest thing I've done in my 20 years of being alive. With hindsight I wouldn't have undertook the task but i'm happy I did it.
OshaPainted2.jpg

I used STEEL-IT because I wanted a durable paint job that would hold up for many years. It's super easy to apply and turned out great. The next post will be the current (07/30/2020) version of Project Osha. Tune in tomorrow.

meech

Car(s)
'17 GTI
Osha Goes Manual (back)
BeautyShots2.jpg

It only felt right to swap Osha back to manual. Fresh paint and all. Eventually it will be swapped back to R/C but until then this will definitely do.