GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon buildup?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
You'd also need completely different ECU software from a box code that has MPI from the factory. Also, I believe the ROW cars that feature MPI have a different ECU, so you'd have to swap ECUs as well.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I have a 2009 Passat 2.0T APR stage 1. I recently had it in to replace a faulty injector. While they had it apart they noticed massive amounts of carbon buildup on the valves. They did the chemical treatment and cleaned them up. Unfortunately my extended warranty did not cover it. The car had 66,000 miles on at the time.

Any problems with carbon build up on the Golf R's? I always run premium 93 octane in the Passat. At $1000 to do the cleanup on the valves, I am hoping this is not a regular thing that needs to be done.

Thanks

No warranty will cover carbon buildup. You have the buildup by 40K.

IF US-spec R's have dual injection then you won't have this issue.

The octane of the fuel makes no difference.

And $1,000 seems excessive.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
You'd also need completely different ECU software from a box code that has MPI from the factory. Also, I believe the ROW cars that feature MPI have a different ECU, so you'd have to swap ECUs as well.

And you'll need a different wiring harness. Better off installing a larger single injector with a stand-alone ECU. like in the old days.

ME83

And you'll need a different wiring harness. Better off installing a larger single injector with a stand-alone ECU. like in the old days.

Please forgive my newbness, but can you please elaborate when or why this was done in the old days? I have a lot of experience working on new and old American vehicles, but nothing with foreign vehicles.