GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car wrapping in eastern MA

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Recently had my car wrapped Nardo Grey, and wanted to give a shoutout to where I had it done if anyone was interested in getting their car wrapped.

https://thewrapguy.com/
nate@thewrapguy.com

He's a commercial vinyl installer, and does the color change wraps on the side. The only downside to it not being his primary focus (and hence the cheaper price) is he quotes 5 to 8 days to get the job done, where a place dedicated to car wrapping could bang it out in 2 days going full time. I dropped my car off on a Sunday so it was ready to go that Monday, and he reached out on Friday and said I could pick it up Saturday morning.

He lists a Golf as an example of a compact car for a $1K color change, but the base price for my wrap was quoted at $1,200. I elected to have him remove the bumper and trim instead of wrapping around it, which added an additional $250. Total I paid was $1,450, which is still far less than you expect a traditional wrap job to cost. He usually books 6 - 8 weeks in advance, and usually has a pretty full schedule. Was one of the things leading me to trust an advertised $1K color change, someone with subpar work wouldn't have a full calendar.

His $1K color change jobs use a brand of vinyl called CheetahWrap, which he says is similar in quality to 3M 2080. Something like 40 different colors to choose from.

Overall, extremely pleased with how the car came out, and can't recommend him enough if you're in the area and looking to get your car wrapped. Pictures don't do the finished work justice.

1617123357297.png

1617123378850.png

1617123439370.png

1617123491275.png

1617123527044.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
He did the emblem underlays too? Looks great!

Thanks. I actually did that myself prior to going in so it'd be ready when it got done!

murph3699

Go Kart Newbie
Damn, wish I knew about him. I just had my car wrapped in 3M Satin Perfect Blue, gloss black roof and mirrors, brushed black on all the piano black surfaces in the interior with a ceramic coat for $2800.
unnamed (8).jpg
unnamed (11).jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Damn, wish I knew about him. I just had my car wrapped in 3M Satin Perfect Blue, gloss black roof and mirrors, brushed black on all the piano black surfaces in the interior with a ceramic coat for $2800.View attachment 209545View attachment 209547

For the work done, that's actually not too bad of a price. He keeps the cost down on what he calls his 'signature' wraps by using the CheetahWrap, which is about $400 (retail at least, not sure if he gets any discounts) for 5' x 75'. That 3M wrap is closer to $700 alone. Not to mention the extra work of different colors, interior work, and PPF. I imagine if I went to him with that same list and said "Can you do this?" it would probably wouldn't be that much less than what you paid.

Looks sweet though!

murph3699

Go Kart Newbie
For the work done, that's actually not too bad of a price. He keeps the cost down on what he calls his 'signature' wraps by using the CheetahWrap, which is about $400 (retail at least, not sure if he gets any discounts) for 5' x 75'. That 3M wrap is closer to $700 alone. Not to mention the extra work of different colors, interior work, and PPF. I imagine if I went to him with that same list and said "Can you do this?" it would probably wouldn't be that much less than what you paid.

Looks sweet though!

Thanks. I love it. That price includes sales tax. Most of the quotes I got were between $3-$4k and that didn't include ceramic coating or the interior. A little old lady today stopped me outside of the grocery store to compliment the color. When I explained it was a wrap she was dumbfounded. I told her "think of it as a giant sticker".

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thanks. I love it. That price includes sales tax. Most of the quotes I got were between $3-$4k and that didn't include ceramic coating or the interior. A little old lady today stopped me outside of the grocery store to compliment the color. When I explained it was a wrap she was dumbfounded. I told her "think of it as a giant sticker".

Yeah, it looks great, especially in the satin. I contemplated a matte\satin for my wrap, but some of the pictures I saw of it just made it look like paint primer. My guys recommendation was if I wanted it to look like paint, just get the gloss. So I stuck with that.

1618359471820.png