GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Wow review of the mk8 R.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
The new Stratos is based on the 430: https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...he-modern-lancia-stratos-heads-to-production/

The 355 perfectly blended classic Ferrari with a modern twist. The 550 and 458 are two others. Mechanically, I'm not familiar with them too much to know their nuances. But if I had enough, I'd prolly just get a Singer - I'm a Porsche fanboy!
Funny, I've been saving for a 550/575 manual for years, and just recently wrote them off as the premium for the few manual cars has become ridiculous. The Singer is exactly where the funds are going now. The 430 was a bit blunt and crude compared to the 355, but maintenance wise, and performance wise, they were a big step forward. That Stratos is a hugely appealing car to me though, as I loved the original and think they did the homage properly. I wish someone would do the Singer thing and take 348's and Mondials and make them into a modernized version.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
So wait. You are not buying a 550/75 because they are becoming pricey but instead decided to buy a Singer 911?
Singers at least haven't gone up in price 50% in five years. Of course I have to find a way to ignore the Williams motor option, or at least figure out how to apply fertilizer to my money tree. Plus it's shiny (mostly) new car vs the dumb world of Fezza dealers and weird sellers.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
...how to apply fertilizer to my money tree.

Easy. More money :ROFLMAO:

Saw a train of 4 modern classic Ferraris coming to stop light in Vancouver few years ago - 355, 550 x 2 and a Scud. What a sight!

Few months ago, my wife and I were going up to Whistler and what looked like a Singer and an LFA went the other way. Almost rear-ended the guy in front, if not for my wife.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Hehe, the Williams option basically triples the price of the car, I'd need a money orchard.

Vbrad and I are F1 fans, so he'll get this. If you go with the Williams version, ask them not to add Latifi mode. :ROFLMAO:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Vbrad and I are F1 fans, so he'll get this. If you go with the Williams version, ask them not to add Latifi mode. :ROFLMAO:
Heh, same. Although I do find it weird for Williams to be dealing with flat sixes and not V12's.

Drop in down here when it's safe again and we'll all talk over the sad sound of the current, dumb V6's.

Funny, this was in my inbox as I typed that. What is the world coming to?!