GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Seat Recomendations

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
First kid is on the way (apparently arriving in October). Totally unprepared and my situation is slightly complicated - didn't think I'd be having one. Nonetheless, she's coming and I couldn't be more thrilled. I think I'm going to need a car seat. Any good recommendations?

Buck43

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
First kid is on the way (apparently arriving in October). Totally unprepared and my situation is slightly complicated - didn't think I'd be having one. Nonetheless, she's coming and I couldn't be more thrilled. I think I'm going to need a car seat. Any good recommendations?
I had the chicco setup for my kiddos. Base stays in the car and car seat snaps into stroller and car seat base. It’s a pretty cool setup

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Started with Chico Keyfits for infants. Helped when they slept in the seat to get them in the house... hell sometimes we’d leave the kid in there for a couple hours till they woke.

after they were getting big for the infant seats... Diono Radian RXT in both vehicles. Hands down the BEST seat from birth to 100lbs.

On edit: Diono changed the names a bit... but the RXT is the bees knees.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Started with a Peg Perego Primo Viaggio. Like others, base stays in the car and seat can be attached to a stroller, which was/is an UppaBaby.
Once outgrown, moved to a Maxi-Cosi Pri 85.
Both fit fine in my 2 door. But they stay in the Atlas.
And congrats!

rt_gti

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I also started out with the UppaBaby Mesa. As other people already mentioned, having a base that stays in the car is very convenient. Once outgrown, I switched to a forward-facing Britax Harness Booster. The Britax is sturdy, but a little wide in the back of the GTI making the middle seat unusable.

bagged_hag

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Congrats on the little one! My first will be here next week!

I decided to go with the Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 Elite seat and base combo. Fits pretty comfortably in the back of the GTI with the passenger seat in a decent position for a normal sized human to sit.

https://www.amazon.com/Graco-SnugRide-SnugLock-Infant-Oakley/dp/B01MQHKVX3

Also, my little one will be here in less then a week and I STILL feel unprepared!

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Congrats on the little one! My first will be here next week!

I decided to go with the Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 Elite seat and base combo. Fits pretty comfortably in the back of the GTI with the passenger seat in a decent position for a normal sized human to sit.

https://www.amazon.com/Graco-SnugRide-SnugLock-Infant-Oakley/dp/B01MQHKVX3

Also, my little one will be here in less then a week and I STILL feel unprepared!

Oh don’t worry. That feeling doesn’t get better as they grow. 🤣

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Oh don’t worry. That feeling doesn’t get better as they grow. 🤣
Oh yeah, wait till they start walking and want to accidentally do stupid shit that will be considered suicide. Over and over. Toddlers are crazy as fuck.

stop touching the electrical socket with wet hands!!!!

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Oh yeah, wait till they start walking and want to accidentally do stupid shit that will be considered suicide. Over and over. Toddlers are crazy as fuck.

stop touching the electrical socket with wet hands!!!!

I’ve been sifting through my 6yo’s shit because he thought it would be a great idea to swallow the marble from Mousetrap on accident.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I’ve been sifting through my 6yo’s shit because he thought it would be a great idea to swallow the marble from Mousetrap on accident.
Well damn. Hopefully that ends ok for y’all. Kids are crazy man. They’re like honey badgers in a way