GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car problems :(

tweaksummerleague

Car(s)
2015 Mk7 Gti SE
Hello I have a 2015 GTI SE 76k miles currently running into some issues with my car. I changed my spark plugs twice, changed coilpacks, changed pcv valve.
Problems I'm having are P0302 cylinder #2 misfire, hesitation, stalling, heavy oil burning(visible smoke) blueish tint and muffler sputtering only while on load/on throttle. Check engine light and EPC light on. Coolant levels remain the same. no overheating. I would guess its fuel injectors or turbos I don't see any reason it might be my engine. My mechanic is saying I might need a new engine, but would like another perspective from users on here. Thanks everybody.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Sounds like some fried piston rings. If they piston chamber isnt sealed correctly w/the rings, then all the above you mentioned happens. Especially, the smoke, that is a dead giveaway that something is up in the piston chamber itself. Oil burning adds to the mix, but I'll hold my observations on that. Like, SCRLLOK said, compression test and those numbers will tell the tale.