GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CAR NIGHTMARE VOLUME 4

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Car wouldn't turn over just click and cut lights to the dash....

Tow truck driver tried a booster pack no luck.

Get towed to dealership and argue. "We didn't build the car,it's not our fault" Burdick Volkswagen sign on building means nothing apparently. I guess "Dicks discount Lemons" was taken.

Apparently it was a bad battery and nothing else....I refuse to pay 300 with tax for a battery and buy a Die Hard Gold from AdvancedAuto for 180 since I've had good luck with them previously. Lost 3 hours of work all said.

Day later and I'm driving to work, ESC light and car acting like I'm pulling a bolder. Pull over and power cycle, Light gone.

I'm asking for a buy back, Anyone have experience?

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
Buy back? Over a battery?
Batteries are consumables and typically are warranted 2yrs/24000mi. Assuming you are past the 2yr mark? Perhaps your car was neglected for quite a while during all this pandemic - many others are in the same boat.
If you have buyer’s remorse and are aiming for a buy back, the battery doesn’t even begin anything Lemon Law related.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Buy back? Over a battery?
Batteries are consumables and typically are warranted 2yrs/24000mi. Assuming you are past the 2yr mark? Perhaps your car was neglected for quite a while during all this pandemic - many others are in the same boat.
If you have buyer’s remorse and are aiming for a buy back, the battery doesn’t even begin anything Lemon Law related.

There has been a lot of other issues and now i get random ESC lights. I think this is enough.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There has been a lot of other issues and now i get random ESC lights. I think this is enough.

I don't know what the other issues are but a bad battery and charging system can cause multiple glitches. You need to get the battery and charging system checked out.

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
Well, if a VW dealer was going to charge you to replace the battery, you are out of the coverage. A CPO (like yours) is well past any “consumable” warranty.
Go ahead with your buy back attempt.

Last edited: