GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car is shaking

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
My dad just got his tires changed on his 2006 BMW 525XI.

He has 100,000KM on the original tires and got it chagned to all seasons, from all seasons.

Now when he got them changed, he did not get the alignment done originally. So the car was shaky when slowing down to 20-40kmh from higher speeds and it also pulled to the right.

A week later we took it back to the place and asked for alignment and oil change.

After taking the car back, the car still pulled to the right and it was still shaky. So I took it back there and told them what the problem was and they said that I probably hit a pothole or a curb to throw it off balance (my ass).

So supposedly they fixed it, now the problems are still there. Although the car doesnt pull to the right AS MUCH (it still does slightly) the car still shakes when slowing down to 20-40kmh.

Any idea what it might be? These guys are obviously dipshits. My dad called the guys and they said that its not from the tires since it would shake at all speeds instead of just 20-40 and that it is the transimission or something else. He said he would do a rotation (front and rear swap) to see if that makes a difference.

I have a printout of their 'alignment' and it is obvious IMO that they are BS.

They have a before and after shot of the alignment.
Before: (this is what the wheels looked like)

| \

| |

So from that (top view) it looks like the car would be pulling left correct? But it pulled right so IMO that was BS printout.

and the After:

| |
| |

It is straight.

I jsut want to know what you guys think, are they pulling out legs, or what?