GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car has rough idle and shuts down sometimes (I pulled the codes! please help)

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
as per the shop "You have one 175ml/min nozzle in there."

Go Kart Champion
so both the check valve and solenoid serve the same purpose? and are they both located close to eachother?

GoTime1

Ready to race!
so both the check valve and solenoid serve the same purpose? and are they both located close to eachother?

yes they both serve the same purpose. I would put the solenoid closer to the pump side and then check valve closer to the nozzle, but yes quite close to each other. Some might see it as an overkill but better safe than sorry.

that nozzle size is not bad. Might be a little small in the end but at least it's good to start with.

189ml/min would be perfect but hey you not far off so don't worry about that too much.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Yep pretty much everything he said. ^^ We're here to help! And meth is fascinating. It would be very good for you to learn your system well. It's fun to add on to it and make tweaks. It's surprising what a difference a little tweaking can make.

The shops statement that you do not need a CV or solenoid is way off. They are correct in saying that you don't see vacuum where your nozzle is, but there's nothing holding pressure in your lines! You don't need vacuum to have water pour out of a line. Gravity will just do its thing without a CV. And to clarify, yes a Check valve and Solenoid basically do the same thing. Solenoids respond a little quicker because an electric current tells it to crack open whereas a CV is all pressure based. Most have a cracking psi of somewhere around 15 ish.. so the response is a little delayed.. nothing you would ever notice though. I had nothing but check valves on my system, Which was a dual nozzle set up where one nozzle was after the throttle body in vacuum, and the check valve did just fine.

To help you understand, a check valve works the same as placing your finger at one end of a straw with water in it. as long as your finger is sealed over one end, the water wont budge. however pull your finger off and the water immediately pours out. So your system is a fingerless straw right now. There's nothing holding pressure in your lines! I'd suggest just starting with a Check valve. Your system is basic, so it will do the job.

Start spray and full spray, mine was set up at 4 psi start and max at 14. And i was flowing a lot more than you are!! These mk7's have a bigger turbo than the mk6 and a lot more power, so you're definitely not flowing too much, or starting too soon.

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys for the replies! The car will be off the streets for a while due to the blown little IHI

So I'll get back to this once I get it back

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
The air running past the nozzle will also create a vaccum on the line, kind of like when blow over the top of a soda bottle for noise. Coolant fill tools work on this very principle.

Get a solinoid and it will be better. If you run more than one nozzle add checkvalves too. Also make sure you are relatively close to the nozzles. With check valves no more than 6" away.

Go Kart Champion
The air running past the nozzle will also create a vaccum on the line, kind of like when blow over the top of a soda bottle for noise. Coolant fill tools work on this very principle.

Get a solinoid and it will be better. If you run more than one nozzle add checkvalves too. Also make sure you are relatively close to the nozzles. With check valves no more than 6" away.